PDA

View Full Version : LHR new USI

Gonzo
16th Nov 2001, 16:18
I'm on leave at the moment, so out of the loop on the unit's thoughts on the new USI for the Tower SOPs. Anybody got any comments?

Gonzo.

Muppit
16th Nov 2001, 17:20
Are we refering to the Multi Coloured Swap Shop issue of strip marking...? :p

Gonzo
16th Nov 2001, 19:15
Yep :rolleyes: , and putting any crossers or Checker just under the runway designator. I've always put them at the bottom, less ambiguous that way I think.

And I sorry, but I always put BAW900 before BAW93 in GMP, so will I not pass my LCE?

Gonzo.
(edits for spelling and finger probs!)
[ 16 November 2001: Message edited by: Gonzo ]

[ 16 November 2001: Message edited by: Gonzo ]

Muppit
16th Nov 2001, 21:00
I can see the reasoning behind it all: makes investigation easier and can reduce confusion at handover if the bays are set out the same....but aren't we all professionals who have developed a perfectly sensible system to operating..?

Seems like Ops have got too much time on their hands...!

Has an incident been attributed to bay layout or pen colour? If it hasn't then has a safety case been published saying that it could? Did the suggestion go through the Tech Com?

...and blocker strips go in the bay in relation to its position in traffic indicating what traffic is blocked!

Get it sorted guys...despite what little confidence in us you have; we do know what we're doing!!! :mad:

ATCO Two
17th Nov 2001, 16:01
The LCEs are on the case!

halo
17th Nov 2001, 23:33
Nuff respect to the LCEs.

I find it all a bit pointless really. Firstly, there aren't even enough black pens in the VCR as it is, so I'm sure chaos will reign when we need different colours for each position.
Secondly, in the event of an investigation, they normally present you with a photocopy of the strips (not a colour photocopy incidentally).
Any of the LCEs care to comment on how they feel about the subject??

Gonzo
20th Nov 2001, 20:44
Thanks ATCO 2, feel much better now.

Gonzo.

ATCO Two
21st Nov 2001, 20:28
Will be discussed at next LCE Meeting in early December. Some of the SOPs were NOT as agreed by the LCEs!! Have you signed the Petition??

halo
21st Nov 2001, 20:42
There's a petition???

Gonzo
22nd Nov 2001, 14:34
What petition?

Hey, there's an echo in here!

Gonzo.

DIDDLYSQUAT
23rd Nov 2001, 13:56
No need to sign a petition, just don`t do it.We are all grown ups, lets exercise our right to free speech and shaft this half baked load of crap.

Captain Spunkfarter
23rd Nov 2001, 22:05
The tower ran out of red pens the other day. The only alternative was for the Supervisor to fill out the log book in his own blood. :D