PDA

View Full Version : Getting FI job in UK

papazulu
26th Sep 2004, 17:44
Hello everybody.

I'm about to take my FI checkride and after getting some experience in Italy I would try to instruct in UK. I know pretty well the hard time CAA gives to non-Uk licensed pilot but I wonder how I would be if my course was full JAA-approved and Italy becomes a JAR country, eventually. Does anyone have bits of advices or personal experience on how-to-get a FI job in UK, better if you come from a foreign country, no matter if JAA or not?

Thanks everybody for you time.

Ciao

:rolleyes: ;)

GusHoneybun
26th Sep 2004, 20:07
should be no problem. if you hold a JAR licence and have done the JAR FI course, then you can instruct in the UK. no conversions and no hassle from the caa.

the reason i'm fairly confident is that I used to work with a mad spaniard who instructed on the back of a spanish CPL FI.

might be worth checking with the CAA in Gatwick first thou

orionsbelt
26th Sep 2004, 21:31
Good luck for trying ol mate
However I often think of how many UK JAA CPL/FI s work for french Speaking Clubs or Airlines in France.
Suggest it will be Zero, zilch , naff all, None, as the French and other Jaa countries are compliant in name only !!!!!!!
But have a go.
Cheers

MJR
30th Sep 2004, 09:14
You will have a better chance of getting an FI job if you do your training in the UK.

MJR