PDA

View Full Version : Ppl To Fi ?

pipertommy
25th Sep 2004, 10:16
I am a ppl/night soon to be a imc . my aim at present is to become an instructor . If anyone could pass on relevant information or tips i would be grateful (had ppl for 1 year approx 90hrs t.t still building!) such as costs,means of raising funds.I fly at cwl . Probably use Bristol for ground school next summer.thanks all:O

MackMeeter
25th Sep 2004, 18:30
Ayeup

No real tips Im afraid, just advice which you will have either heard or will be doing anyaway...

Knuckle down, do the work, pass the exams! There are no short cuts. Who you go with depends on your personal circumstances (i.e. full time or modular) and how much you can afford. Shop around and find the best for you, ask what their pass rates are like.
Have you got a class 1 medical? If not then I strongly recommend that you do - if you can't pass that then its a non-starter in the first place.

As for funding, I carried on working full time whilst I did all of my training (shifts have their few advantages) and so could get a bog standard loan. Egg are good since their interest rates are reasonable but they don't penalise you for any early payments should you be able to afford to make them. Keep flying too, even if its an hour a month - I didn't and was left with a shed load of hour building to do once I passed the theory stuff.

You'll enjoy instructing (most times), tis a great laugh! Good luck!

MM :ok:

pipertommy
26th Sep 2004, 18:29
Thanks for the reply Mackmeeter!Its good to talk to someone who has been there and done it (and still doing it). Once again thanks. :D