PDA

View Full Version : ATC - final interview

neilamackie
26th Jan 2002, 02:18
Hi all - hope someone can help me!

I have got through to the final stage for NATS ATCO recruitment process (at 2nd attempt!). .I think that I am fairly clued up for the 2 interviews - but just do not know WHAT to expect with the computer based test.. .Can anyone give me any hints/tips/advice here?

Is there anything I can practice for, or is it one of those things that you can either do, or you can't??

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

ALSO!! I notice a lot of messages on the topic of final interviews advise to "look through the threads" - excuse my ignorance, but how do I do that??

Thanks!

PPRuNe Radar
26th Jan 2002, 03:43
Use the search facility at the top of the page. Perhaps a key word of 'interview' coupled with searching all dates will produce what you seek.

GroundBound
26th Jan 2002, 13:14
If you want an ATC radar simulator to practice with, go to:

users.skynet.be/atcsim/

- its free!

neilamackie
26th Jan 2002, 20:27
I have tried to download that simulator numerous times but it just does not seem to work with me! I always get the following message:

Internal Server Error. .The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.. .Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log

I have no idea what this means!!

helicon1
27th Jan 2002, 01:32
i just did interviews/tests for the 2nd time round at prestwick a fortnight ago. like you i was concerned about the computer tests cos i couldn't remember them too well. as it turned out they were pretty simple and straightforward. below i've roughly summarised the 3 parts of the computer test. you probably remember them anyway and don't need this!

split up into 3 tests

1st test deals with coloured objects eg green diamond, red circle and ur asked to sort them according to the instructions before you as they appear onscreen. second half of test1 is about sorting numbers into groups eg the number 188 appears on the screen and u have to sort it by pressing A,B,C or D - in this example A=1-199 so thats what u would press.

2nd test is about ur spatial awareness. arrows appear onscreen with a dot situated to the left or right of it. the word LEFT or RIGHT will appear at the bottom of the screen. all u have to do is press YES or NO accordingly. the 2nd half of this mixes the first bit with inverted arrows ie opposite is true.

3rd test is the one where u get to stop all the numbers crashing into each other onscreen by pressing buttons. last part also chucks in some arithmetic too, but i think it's more about prioritising and avoiding collisions than getting 111*101 correct!

hope this is of some help and good luck.

neilamackie
28th Jan 2002, 00:48
sorry - I didn't make myself clear!

This is my second time applying to NATS, but only the 1st time that I have got through to the final interview stage!

So your info. on the computer tests is a great help, and has also put me a bit more at ease - now that I have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks very much for your help....... I'll just have to pass the test now!

helicon1
28th Jan 2002, 01:51
if this is your first go at the interview then i reckon the computer tests will cause you the least problems. the technical and especially the personnel interview are much tougher in my opinion. in any case, there's loads of help on the interview stage worth checking in previous threads. good luck.