PDA

View Full Version : ATC Assistant

jumbo_skipper
24th Jan 2002, 19:49
Could anyone tell me if there are any ATC Assistant jobs out there - anywhere?

What sort of salary are you looking at, and what does the job really involve?

Cheers in advance,

JS

Fraudsquads
26th Jan 2002, 00:16
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL ASSISTANT – Full Time. .£10,338 per annum inclusive of shift allowance

. . Posted 6 Jan 2002 Closing date for completed applications : Wed 30th Jan. 2002

You will be based in the Air Traffic Control Department and reporting to the Senior Air Traffic Control Officer.

Your duties will include:-

Providing aeronautical information for controllers and pilots . .Collection of landing fees and associated costs . .Inputting flight data . .Co-ordinating with other ATC units . .Updating aeronautical publications and information

For an application form and job description, please write enclosing an A4 SAE to Mrs K Poole, ATC, Exeter & Devon Airport Limited, Exeter International Airport, Exeter, Devon, EX5 2BD.

or email [email protected]

[ 25 January 2002: Message edited by: Fraudsquads ]</p>

GWYN
27th Jan 2002, 15:24
Fraudsquads:

That salary has to be a joke! I'd love to apply, it's right on my doorstep at the moment - don't believe what my profile says about my location - but I'm not going to undersell myself to that extent. I can only wish them the best of luck with the calibre of person they will employ on that salary.

GWYN

Fraudsquads
27th Jan 2002, 16:33
You better believe it!!!!

I was talking to an assistant there a while back, enjoyed the job immensely. Staff turnover is low for that reason but it aint enough to live on.

EGTE is owned by the city council so an assistant in the tower is no more important to the bean counters than some bod in the housing dept.

Good luck.. .FS

[ 27 January 2002: Message edited by: Fraudsquads ]</p>