PDA

View Full Version : C208

Makanakis
13th Sep 2004, 21:19
Hi,

After a long time looking for a job, I found something that sounds quite interesting. Now, just a question in my mind and hope you can help me

The situation: a country where FAA applies (but not USA) and the option of flying a Single-engine (Piper Malibu, C208, etc...) as SIC.

How can this be done? Do I need a Type Rating in this case? How can I log my time if the a/c is certified for one pilot? Can they be certified as Multi-pilot aircraft? Are there any special rules for aircraft/companies engaged in training programs?

Best regards,

Makanakis

capt. skidmark
14th Sep 2004, 13:04
hello makanakis,

first of all, a copilot flying where faa applies (faa license/faa aircraft) does not need a typerating as long as the captain has one... no matter if this is in a learjet or b737

i have never heard of a single-engine plane being certified as multipilot aircraft, and i am pretty sure it doesnt exist

there are however some operators who use multi-engine aircraft certified as singlepilot aircraft, with 2 pilots... for example a far135 operator using a beechcraft1900 with a pic and sic. in this case the guy logging sic, needs to do a far135 second in command checkride with a faa checkairman in the be1900 aircraft before he can log any time

i am affraid it is not possible to log any time sitting in the right seat of a caravan or malibu... unless you are giving flightinstruction

i hope this info is helpful, i know faa-flighttimelogging is kinda gray area

greets skidmark

Craggenmore
14th Sep 2004, 21:13
Can a JAA frozen ATPL holder be SIC in the States (this airline has a FAA Authorized Second In Command program) ?

Or...

Will I have to convert my JAA fATPL to a FAA ATPL (through the FAA Instrument test/CPL test/Oral test etc........ in order to work for them ?

The hours are loggable with this airline.

Many thanks,

Craggs

capt. skidmark
15th Sep 2004, 08:38
hey craggs,

in order to work for an faa airline in the states, you will need at least faa cpl-me-ir
this means you will have to convert your frozen jaa atpl into faa cpl-me-ir by doing the exams (written and practical)

the faa exams arent as though as the jaa ones though(in my opinion)

good luck
sm

İhris
15th Sep 2004, 19:51
Carvans in Canada can be flown two-crew. And Logged by both pilots. Just need a PPC in the Caravan to log it.
The F/O is non-essential crew, but legally allowed to be there and log it.