PDA

View Full Version : 767 EICAS Engine Indication Inhibit

NSEU
21st Aug 2004, 23:46
It's mentioning in our 767 training notes that certain parts of of the engine displays turn amber if the engine exceeds certain parameters and that there is an inhibit on these parameters for five minutes during takeoff and go around.

I was looking at the Boeing wiring schematics recently and the source of takeoff and go-around signals for EICAS inhibit logic appears to come from the Autothrottle computer. Does this mean that you won't get the inhibit if the A/T is inoperative or the N1/EPR pushbutton is not used for takeoff or a Go-Around switch is not used for Go-Around?

Thanks for any insight.

Rgds.
NSEU.

Capt Fathom
22nd Aug 2004, 11:47
The signal probably comes from the EEC (Electronic Engine Control), which controls just about everything...it's been a while so a little foggy now.
That's a starting point anyway. :ok:

NSEU
23rd Aug 2004, 07:36
Thanks, Captain Fathom...
I did eventually manage to find the answer (I just wasn't looking hard enough in our Maintenance Manual)...

31-41-00

"Takeoff/Go-Around Mode
1) When the thrust management computer is in either the takeoff or go-around mode, the yellow band exceedance operations for EGT are inhibited for five minutes. Automatic secondary data initiation does not occur until the red band area is entered"

Secondary data, I presume, is that on the Lower EICAS... EGT is on the Upper EICAS.... so now I'm not sure if the other parameter yellow band stuff is also inhibited :confused:

Rgds.
NSEU.