PDA

View Full Version : where in south to do FI rating?

thecoltster
27th Mar 2002, 06:03
Asked countless times before I'm sure!!. .. .However I'm fielding anyones opinions about which schools in the south that are any good to do an FI(R) rating at?. .. .Any opinions gratefully recieved. .. .Cheers. .. .COLT

SPRINTING RABBIT
28th Mar 2002, 02:02
Yes , that is a question I was about to ask myself as I live about 20 mins from Exeter and will be starting my FI course late this summer all being well!. .So please folks share your your wisdom and experiences.. .This site is excellent at finding the answers on most topics, but the search for FI rating came up with nothing and the archives are fruitless on this topic too!. .Any help much appreciated,. .SR

kieranwilliams
28th Mar 2002, 03:06
Not sure what counts as "south" but I recommend lindsey brown at bourn - or try southend. I did mine at bristol but it was ages ago and i think everyone has moved on now, sorry to be brief but i wrote a great long message and the system blitzed it (can't be my fault so blame the computer). good luck with the training.

Another_CFI
28th Mar 2002, 20:12
Try Gordon Sharpe at West London Aero Club. I have used him for FI courses, Instructor renewals and examiner renewals. Excellent.. .. .By the way I am nothing to do with WLAC, I am the CFI at another London area club, but we dont do FI training.

Flyingspaniard
3rd Apr 2002, 10:45
I'd recommend Bournemouth Flying Club. Lance Plews trained me and although a bit of a taskmaster, I'm sure his high standards will have benefitted me in the long run.

Haven't been down there since they took over the old SFT hangers and stuff but I'm sure they are still just as good.

Good luck anyways.

-3G
4th Apr 2002, 19:45
Disagree about Mr Sharpe. Had the worst, most abused and stressfull 30 hours of flying in my life on his course. Apparently completely different if you are female. Also most expensive course in South!