PDA

View Full Version : Starting a flight schools with ultralights

anibalb
6th Aug 2004, 14:39
Hi everybody
This is my first post in Pprune altough I have been reading it for a week or two now.
I am flight instructor, I flew in the US, in Naples Air Center, for over a year back in 2001 and then I came back to Argentina.

I am in the process of stablishing a school using ultralights. We will not be aiming to people who want to become commercial pilots but to those who want to fly for fun. Latter we may get a C-152 or something like that for those who want to get a Private or Commercial pilotsīs license. But for starters we will just use an ultralight in a grass strip a few miles from Buenos Aires.

I was wondering if you have any ideas about it. I donīt know much about ultralights, most of my 1500 hs were done as an instructor in C-152 and C-172, but my partner has over 8000 hs with most of them in ultralights. We both love to fly and teaching other people to do it. So I think it will be fun (and profitable, of course).

Cheers

Anibal Baranek
[email protected]

nosehair
6th Aug 2004, 16:58
great idea! And with the new Sport Pilot Certificate now available, you can get ultalights registered as a U.S.Certificated airplane, and train for this new certificate. I think it is the wave of the future. Go for it!

anibalb
12th Aug 2004, 01:52
Thank you for that idea. Yes, I will look into it. Last sunday I flew two ultralights (one was a Flyer GT and I donīt remember the otherīs model) and they were fun. A lot lighter than say a Piper Cud. Just flying for the fun of flying. No ATC, no paperwork.
Right now I am dealing with all the paperwork needed but it could be something really good.