PDA

View Full Version : rt equipment

scubawasp
4th Aug 2004, 19:17
Hi all

I've done a search as I am sure there was something on this subject, but.... does anyone know if there is some second hand RT equipment about that complies with the CAA requirements?

Any help gratefully recieved, and yes, I know about the equipment that the CAA recommends that you use.

Cheers in advance

Keygrip
4th Aug 2004, 21:58
Don't rush to buy anything - there will be lots of disused R/T testing kits shortly as the R/T test is moving to computer format.

You will need two computers on a network - and a CD drive for the software. Very low performance required.

scubawasp
5th Aug 2004, 15:02
So, when is this happening . Or is it still in the pipeline????

Keygrip
5th Aug 2004, 15:40
Letter of explanation to all R/T examiners is due to leave the CAA at the end of next week.

Oddsoft
5th Aug 2004, 19:37
Download the manual for the new software here if you want:

www.oddsoft.co.uk/Resources/RANTCOM_MANUAL.ZIP

Another_CFI
6th Aug 2004, 11:11
I have no connection with Oddsoft, who produce the computer based R/T trainer and tester, but have been testing the software over a number of months (for testing read "doing all that I can to break the software"). Our R/T examiner has also been authorised to use it for testing for the FRTOL..

Compared to our previous R/T trainer and others that I have seen the computer based product is a quantum leap forward. It takes minimal time to learn how to use the simulator and it has a flip-flop "radio", "transponder" and a moving map display which makes the whole thing much more realistic.