PDA

View Full Version : Pre FI(R) course flight test

Mr Magoo
23rd Feb 2002, 21:00
Hi - I'm applying for the GAPAN FI(R) scholarship that's currently on offer. As part of the form they talk about doing a pre FI(R) course flight test.. .Does anyone know what the test involves and how much will it cost me?.

I've got a JAR frozen ATPL with 450Hrs TT.

Cheers

Magoo

[ 23 February 2002: Message edited by: Mr Magoo ]</p>

Squealing Pig
23rd Feb 2002, 21:09
I think its just to make sure you are not a complete mupit in an aircraft. nothing to worry about and I think its usually included in the course price aswel.

just a RHS check out really

Stan Evil
23rd Feb 2002, 21:50
It ought to be more than 'just a RHS checkout'. There's no point in starting an FI course unless you can fly the aircraft to a good standard already. When you demo a PFL it's got to go in every time; when you do a steep turn it should be almost on rails; if you say you're going to touchdown abeam the PAPIs then thats pretty much where you should touch down etc.

The check is normally done by the FIC instructor who is going to run the course - I'd be anxious about having someone pitch up for a course with a chit signed by someone else.

FormationFlyer
24th Feb 2002, 01:29
When I did mine my instructor also mentioned that what they were looking for was 'excess capacity' - no point in continuing if the person (now) in the RHS is maxed out just flying the aircraft - as well as a check of competency.

Interestingly enough as I had already flown a good deal with my instructor already the pre entry was extremely relaxed and we treated it as a RHS famil - doing a lot of course groundwork. I then flew a couple of solo flights from the RHS before commencing my course - certainly didnt even think about the change over when I was doing the course.