PDA

View Full Version : Gaining employment as Flying Instructor

Gin Slinger
1st Feb 2002, 18:46
How did you guys go about getting your jobs?

eyeinthesky
1st Feb 2002, 21:23
By asking!

But seriously, I got mine through approaching the school at which I did my FIC rating.

Bear in mind that the downturn in Airline recruitment may mean that there is a shortage of instructing jobs at present as those guys who were just about to jump before Sept 11 are now biding their time awaiting a recovery.

BluffOldSeaDog
3rd Feb 2002, 00:04
If you don't mind re-locating try Tayside Aviation in Dundee. Can't say it's the best schoool in the country or that the pay is good (it isn't) but the flying is intensive, RAF Scholars, and you don't have to teach them Nav.!

Ticas System Test FAIL
4th Feb 2002, 16:04
If you're looking for a job, just hang in there if you allready have your FI/CRI or TRI. With the JAR-FCL coming up instructors will be hard to get. In the Netherlands the JAR-FCL is implemented and I know that the major training facilities are hardly able to recrute adequate staff. They are all looking for qualified personel. However if you don't have the necessary ratings it's gonna be a bit hard, as with the JAR-FCL you don't qualify for the different ratings instantly. It is a matter of extensive flight experience.

Good luck any which way,

TSTF

InflateableKangaroo
5th Feb 2002, 06:09
Be seen is the trick mate. I started with phoning around and sending out the old resumes... then i travelled to various airports and popped my head in..... a week later i am over worked and underpaid but i am flying.