PDA

View Full Version : nearest flight school from mississauga?

Chintito
20th Jul 2004, 03:13
hey guys,
could someone possibly tell me where the nearest school is from m'sauga, toronto, ontario would be? nearest and also possibly cheapest school for hour building on a c152/172. i dont mind travelling up to an hour.
thanks in advance

justcurious
20th Jul 2004, 12:27
Since Misssissauga is so much larger than I was a kid, this is easier to say.
At YHM, there would be Peninsula Air Service, Marsh Brothers, and Hamilton Flying Club. All three have been teaching since all the hair was on the top of my head.
Burlington Air park is also worthy of consideration.
Brampton Flying Club to the North has a huge fleet of Cessnas.

hibypassratio
20th Jul 2004, 14:42
There are no rental aircraft at Marsh Bros and Peninsulair is Piper products. You could also try Spectrum at the Burlington airport, the school at Guelph, or Toronto Island , Island Air.

ODGUY
21st Jul 2004, 11:40
brampton would be the closest, however most expensive as it is a club. burlignton is close by. guelph is 45min from miss, small fleet, 3 x 172 2 x 150. Oshawa is an hr, controlled airport. Peterborough is 1hr30min away. there's the island, again expensive. hamilton's good, if you like cherokees.

mstram
21st Jul 2004, 22:51
>Brampton Flying Club to the North has a huge fleet of Cessnas.

Well I don't know if I'd call 20 planes a huge fleet. I guess it's all relative.

There are also a " huge" number of pilots there, so you usually need to book a few days in advance at least. Still, it's a great place to fly from, although I haven't flown from anywhere else and can't really compare :/

I don't think Brampton's rates are any higher than anywhere else.

http://bramfly.com/club/rates.htm
http://www.torontoairways.com/rentals/rentals.htm

Mike

rotornut
22nd Jul 2004, 11:51
Plus at Brampton you're out in the country as opposed to Island Air at City Centre Airport (Toronto Island) with lots of traffic and a tower.

mstram
22nd Jul 2004, 16:42
>plus at Brampton you're out in the country as opposed to Island Air at City Centre Airport (Toronto Island) with lots of traffic and a tower.

If that's supposed to mean that there's not much traffic at Brampton, try flying in the circuit there on a weekend !

As for atc practice, CYKF is only 10 minutes away, Buttonville's also close by, or the popular "CN Tower" excursion, will have you talkng to both CYYZ for flight following and City Centre tower.

Mike

rotornut
23rd Jul 2004, 14:50
Yes, you are right. I forgot about the traffic as the last time I was
there I was in a Hughes 300 and came in the back door so to speak - not the circuit.

Prospect
23rd Jul 2004, 22:03
Spectrum Airways out of Burlington is cheap because you don't have to pay a club membership fee. Aircraft rental is inexpensive. It's about 15 minutes from the west border of Mississauga.