PDA

View Full Version : overseas student training

bhinda
5th Oct 2001, 04:08
Could anyone tell me how i would go about trying to get students from overseas for training over here in Australia and if you know who to contact as Agents. Thank you in advance. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Atlanta
7th Oct 2001, 19:23
That sounds interesting, Bhinda. What are you offering? Are you hoping to provide JAA training or just hours building? Whereabouts are you in Oz?

bhinda
11th Oct 2001, 02:35
i am doing hour building as well as trying to get the flying school busy again and i live in Queensland in a town called Terranora. :D :D

A and C
11th Oct 2001, 12:03
The problem is the cost of getting to australia look at the price of europe - USA travel in time and money and that of a trip to australia.

However once the student pilot has recoverd from the jet lag the advantages kick in.
The general standard of training is one of the highest that i have seen and is above the UK average standard ,the airspace regualations are ICAO standard and there is not much trafic , the WX is good and the cost of living is half that of europe as is the cost of renting an aircraft.

If i was selling flight training in australia i would first look to tie up with a travel company to cut the cost of travel , accomadation and car rental.
Once that is done push the advantages that i have outlined above ,make use of the internet with a good web site after all an outfit at bankstown sold me 25 hrs on a TB20 online from the other side of the globe !.

The best publicity will be the pilots who have trained in australia and seen the system first hand , your hardest job will be to get a few of them trained and out there spreading the word that despite the distance to travel australia is a much better flight training option than the USA.