PDA

View Full Version : FI renewal old or new....and how?

Lima Xray
17th Dec 2001, 02:13
I need to do my second renewal for my CAA-FI rating to remain current. I have NOT done any instruction since my previous renewal, now two years age this month. But I like to keep it current and apply for an JAR FI so I can instruct here on the mainland.

Q1: can I do the test on the ‘old’ system or do I need to do this under the JAR? Do I then need to do a siminar?
Q2: what can I expect on the test and how do you guy’s prepare for this, do you need to get ALL the books out again or is it very practical…..?
Q3: Can you recommend any of the examiners and where would I find him/her?

(For any good offers for a/c hire, I can offer rides on a beechcraft King Air, :cool: )

Thanks for any info

L-X

foxmoth
18th Dec 2001, 02:01
You will now need to do the JAR renewal, and as you have not done the 100hrs instructing in the last 3 years including 30 in the last year you will need the flight test AND the seminar. I was 4hrs short of the 100 hrs and had to do both, but I didn't know I was so close until I added up my instructing hours AFTER iI had gone out of date!!

pitotheat
18th Dec 2001, 03:12
Can anyone give me a contact name and telephone number for seminar organisers. I am looking for somewhere in the Cambridgeshire area.

I tried this a few months ago but got no reply from an e-mail. I hope I get more of a response this time.

Thanks folks

Lima Xray
18th Dec 2001, 21:44
P.H. is this any good just got of the web side.....maybe I will see you on one if them!
http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/documents/srg_fcl_approvedftos.pdf

JAR-FCL 1 FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR RENEWAL SEMINAR:
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
The Examiner Training Agency
On-Track PPL Ground Studies Ltd

Aircraft Owner’s and Pilot’s Association
50A Cambridge Street
LONDON SWIV 4QQ
Tel: 0207 834 5631
Fax: 0207 834 8623
E-mail: [email protected]

The Examiner Training Agency
Building 420
Chapel Gate Entrance
Northwest Park
Bournemouth International Airport
CHRISTCHURCH BH23 4NW
Tel: 01202 572953
Fax: 01202 594417

On-Track Aviation
56 Garner Close
CARTERTON
Oxon OX18 1GA
Tel / Fax: 01993 841791
website: www.ontrack-ppl-groundstudies.com (http://www.ontrack-ppl-groundstudies.com)