PDA

View Full Version : Initial flight instructor test this Wednesday

zero-lash valve lifter
17th Dec 2001, 01:55
The test is looming and I have to prepare a lecture on lift and drag, any thoughts on what to include/ exclude, best publications to get the info from?

Also any advice for the test itself what are the most likely exercises to be flown? Any experience gained by you guys would certainly be appreciated.

Cheers

Lima Xray
17th Dec 2001, 03:55
Hello Z-L VL

You may want to try this site:
http://www.monmouth.com/~jsd/how/htm/how.html#contents

Where will you take your test? See my posting.

Succes
L-X

Kermit 180
17th Dec 2001, 07:25
Good luck and all the best ZLVL! ;)

Kermie

zero-lash valve lifter
17th Dec 2001, 11:25
Thanks very much! the test will be at Andrewsfield with the very pleasant sounding Carol Cooper. ;)

Stan Evil
17th Dec 2001, 22:26
30 to 45 minutes on Lift and Drag??? Doing justice to that would take a couple of days. My advice is keep it simple and don't try to cram too much in. Give a preamble saying that you're only going to cover certain aspects and the rest will be covered in a (non-existant) later lecture. Structure the lecture to give an intro - what you're going to say and why; the main body; a conclusion saying what you've said and asking questions to consolidate and ensure that your audience has understood what you said.

zero-lash valve lifter
17th Dec 2001, 22:32
Thank's for the advice Stan. The ammount that can be covered in the subject is causing a bit of a problem as you can imagine. I guess it was intentionally vague to test my knowledge of the subject. I can hardly wait for the "lets look at that in a little more detail shall we?" Still alomst looking forward to it now. :p

Lima Xray
18th Dec 2001, 22:59
ZL VL

Success with your test. Lets hope the weather is on your side too. Let us know the outcome.....

L-X

blended winglet
20th Dec 2001, 18:37
how did the test go ?
wx was reasonble, light winds,
vis' maybe a bit min' though,

I must get over to the field again, haven't
been there for ages,

hope you passed ok,

zero-lash valve lifter
20th Dec 2001, 19:44
Test went pretty well, passed with no major difficulties. Have to admit being very nervous before hand but the test itself progressed ok.

I am more fortunate than most in that I have a job to go to. My learning will now begin in earnest.

Many thanks for the support.