PDA

View Full Version : Advice on getting an instructors rating

MTB Autopilot
10th Sep 2001, 20:29
Like many of you who are in this business I have run short of cash at the last moment. I would like to become a flight instructor and I am wondering does anybody have any ideas if you can get a sponsored instructors rating if you sign some sort of reduced wage contract.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also if anyone has any ideas for hourbuilding other than instructing they would also be very welcome.

blueline69
16th Sep 2001, 00:28
There is a flying school in Pretoria RSA called Blue Chip Aviation. The owner of the school is a greek called Jannie. I know for a fact that he does sponser instructors ratings and then give's a working contract where tour dept gets subtracted from your paycheck every month. The school is quite large and seems to be growing rapidly. There e-mail is : [email protected] Hope this helps :D

BluffOldSeaDog
19th Sep 2001, 03:52
Try Tayside Aviation up in Dundee. They have the RAF Scholarship contract and you can gain sponsorship on a "bond" and then work for a couple of years as an FI. More flying available than you can shake a stick at. I accrued 750hours in 8months !! I believe they have a web site.

jessfix
20th Sep 2001, 22:19
Flying Instructor/reduced wages - have you got any idea how little we get paid as it is!

Sorry to sound discouraging, but the real world is almost unreal anyway.