PDA

View Full Version : What's in a name?

strewth
24th Nov 2001, 03:12
Hi everyone,

I have just started my instructors rating and I was wondering if anyone knows the history of this Bloggs person :)

Every instructor I fly with refers to this obviously terrible student. He appears to be anything from a dim witted individual to a budding rocket scientist, with the ability to ask mind numbing questions or able to argue the smallest point of physics to its finest point.

I have also noticed that he is an international man of mystery... It would appear that he has learned to fly all over the world at many different flying schools.

Does anyone know where the name came from, or why it is so consistently used in flight instructor circles?

Cheers

Sleeve Wing
27th Nov 2001, 00:22
Strewth.
Couldn't be the son of the original "Prune",could he ? Yer know, Stude Prune or Flying Officer Prune of WWll vintage.
(Stude Prune - Stewed Prune !! Geddit ??)

Tarrahh, Sleeve. :) ;) :D

Kermit 180
28th Nov 2001, 14:19
You promoted him? :eek: Crikey, hes a Pilot Officer! They never promoted him because it wouldnt be right promoting a fool. Besides, Pilot Officer Prune sounds better than Flying Officer Prune ;) As for Bloggs, well, is this THE Joe Bloggs?