PDA

View Full Version : lowest form of aviation?

rebeccadblake
30th Aug 2001, 23:45
Is there any out there WHO truely belives that instucting is the lowest form of aviation, personally I think thats B***s**t.

I look up to my instuctor, as a mentor and someones who's shoe's I eventully like to fill.

I would really like to hear why anyone thinks so low of such a rewarding job(I dont mean remuneration).

(To any one who knows me I am serouis this time and not drunk) :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------

Once tasted flight you will always hold your head sky-bound. For there you have been, and there you long to return.

A and C
31st Aug 2001, 11:35
If financal reward reflects true worth then the answer is yes.

fallen eagle
1st Sep 2001, 00:07
Hi just had to say ,what do you want to fill your instructors shoes with,eventualy,alledgedly. just a bit of fun.dont take it the wrong way.If you still feel like that in a year or two you do it for the best reason.cos you want too. bye for now

rebeccadblake
2nd Sep 2001, 20:01
I think that if you ask any working person if they are paid enough, the answer is always gonna be no. So lets leave the monies bit alone.

I think FI's are fab people and they should have a lot of respect, not many people have the patience they do.

SO A MASSIVE "BIG UP" TO ALL THE FI'S OUT THERE. :o

[email protected]

A and C
3rd Sep 2001, 12:01
I dont think that you should leave the money out of this picture ask your self how much it costs to get the FI with night imc multi and aerobatic ratings and then what is the reward ?

Instructors do not expect to be paid large amounts but they do expect not to have to go to the DHSS for suplimentry benifit to support the wife and kids.

Its good to see some one who thinks that the instructors are doing a good job but this wont put shoes on the kids feet and we will just have to see if this JAR thing makes things better or worse.

rebeccadblake
3rd Sep 2001, 23:03
I must admitt I am not too aware at how much you guys get paid.

Aviation is a tough business as I already know from my little experience, perhaps if you get your IR with your cpl you could always hit the airlines, you must have a lot of hours built up.

Although I would gladly give up my 9,500 per annum for a lower salery if it meant I could fly all day.

There are not many people who like going to work and I know if I was you I would be one of "those" people who whizzle going to work.

HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH, there are a lot of people training hard to do what you do, Be proud all careers have there pit falls yours just happends to be that there is little or no support, thats not a lot considering you are doing what you love.

flaps to 60
3rd Sep 2001, 23:37
Beckxy

Before I became an instructor I thouhgt it was the lowest form of aviation which is why I didn't take it up for a year.

But now I am, I have to say that it is a lot more fun and rewarding than I thought at all possible.

I thought that i would never have the patience but you just do.

My favourite lessons are the intro's, because it is brilliant to watch the sheer enjoyment someone is getting from a truly unique experience.

Yes you dont get paid much and rainy days can be a pain. But some of the sights and experiences you meet are truly awe inspiring.

Would I recommend it? Yes. Would I do it for ever? No. Like most instructors I want an airline job and I know that instructing has given me the grounding I need for the next step in my career.

blueline69
5th Sep 2001, 17:59
There is only one way to get started in the Aviation game and that is by becoming a flight instructor. You learn so much more about flying the aircraft in your first 1000 hrs around the pattern than your buddy who's been flying a Baron for the same time. Instructors make better pilots. You are flying the aircraft on the limits the hole time while fixing up your students mistakes. The most rewarding thing about it is when that person who came in two weeks ago and knew absolutle zip about this flying machine flies around the pattern once on his own. Even though you trough him into a bath of freezing water in the middle of winter , you can not wipe the smile of his face and that makes up for lousy pay. Be warned : Do not do it full time for to long , it WILL kill you. 2years max i would say. You will not regret it one day when your giving someone a typerating on a 747. :D :D :D

rebeccadblake
5th Sep 2001, 20:44
Hi thanks to everyone who replied, I deffinatly want to instuct when I finish ATPL as I reckon its a good way to start and I love to fly around my home town a bit more.

I'd love to be able to fly like my instuctor as he fly's real well and doesn't think twice about doing anything, and being able to "land on a tupance" thats soo cool I hope I can do that one day and he says its allllllll pratice. So I deffinatly want to instuct although, One more question?

Does instucting come with Practice as I am not so good at explaining things?

flaps to 60
6th Sep 2001, 00:53
Beckxy

Your first 50-100 hours will seem like hell as your skills at talking and flying slowly increase. But as the hours pile on your skills level and confidence in what your doing increases dramatically.

You seem to have the enthusiasm and respect for instructing and i think that you will be an excellent asset to the fraternity.

The very best of luck with your ATPL's and future career.

SKYYACHT
7th Sep 2001, 19:50
I LOVE INSTRUCTING - NEVER WANNA LOOK BACK...

TAILWINDS

rebeccadblake
7th Sep 2001, 22:57
hey hey cool, I have found someone who's likes it, cool that makes me feel a lot better now.

I am glad there are peeps out there who enjoy it I know I will make every effort to make it enjoyable even if gets a bit busy.

whayooooooooooooo I got my first manual today better get some revising in see you peeps later,

If there is anyone who thinks any differently I would like to hear about it

Kiss Kiss

Becky

-------------------------------------------

dont paint on the roof as you'll never be able to see it from the air, lol

Tiger_ Moth
8th Sep 2001, 22:52
I think instructing would be a great job because it would be fun. For how fun the actual flying is Id say airlines are the lowest form of aviation because to me they are the least fun to fly. Id love to be an instructor.

Kermit 180
9th Sep 2001, 10:49
Well, in keeping with the positives, I enjoy instructing too. It has its highs and lows, and winter is defintely the hardest season to make ends meat.

Kermie :)