PDA

View Full Version : PPL Skills Test: any advice?

Teenyweeny ATC Cdt Cpl
1st Nov 2001, 14:08
Well, it's finally happened: I've got my GFT scheduled for this Saturday. Any of you instructors out there care to hazard any advice for a poor young PPL stude? :cool:

DB6
3rd Nov 2001, 00:02
There are many, many tips I could give but probably the best is: if you cock something up, even if the examiner has to take control (worst case) then forget it. FORGET IT. Put it behind you and try to get back on an even keel and fly a blinder for the rest of the test. Few things say more about your ability under pressure.
Good luck.

Crowe
3rd Nov 2001, 03:40
I'm no instructor, but I do remember my test well. Good advice above, don't give up even if you think you've screwed it up. My examiner grabbed the controls at one point to avoid a glider, but I still passed - it ain't as tough as you may have heard.

the CPL's another matter though...

Achilles
6th Nov 2001, 02:42
An old man much wiser than me once told me that in a flt test or check, RELAX and fly the aircraft to the best of YOUR ability. The lower stress level makes it alot easier to perform at YOUR best if you don't put extra pressure on yourself. If you fail, well, you can always (nearly always!!) have another go.
Quite liberating, actually!

Aussie Andy
6th Nov 2001, 17:38
So... did you pass!?

Andy :)