PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit against Transport Canada Inspector

Based On Principle
26th Jun 2004, 23:17
Greetings fellow Pilots,

Several persons, including RCMP officers, have recently reported to me that a Transport Canada Inspector from the Edmonton Region is commenting about my person, and that his comments violate several of my rights under the Canadian Privacy Act.

Since his behaviour commenced, many persons involved in aviation in Canada have contacted me to report similar experiences with their dealings with the Inspector in question.

I have retained legal representation, and will commence a Civil Lawsuit against the Inspector immediately. Additionally, I have retained a Canadian Attorney and requested that he prepare a class-action suit regarding the Inspector.

Regarding the Class-action suit, please watch the Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver newspapers for notices thereof, and respond if you feel it appropriate.

Abuses of authority can not be tolerated our society, as such, I am taking what I believe is appropriate action.

wrenchbender
27th Jun 2004, 23:46
Just curious, what did he say about you?

Based On Principle
28th Jun 2004, 10:13
Sensitised Copy of letter submitted to Transport Canada Inspector and the Minister of Transportation.

Mr. (Inspectors name),

Written particulars of your recent allegations have been provided to me from several people, and those statements are being provided to my Attorney for immediate action.

On June XXth, I informed you that I was no longer employed with (Employers name). Furthermore, I told you that Mr. (Former Boss) had stated to me that “… (Inspectors name) told us that the only way we would keep our AOC is to fire you…” During our subsequent conversation, you categorically denied making that statement. However, (Other company Employee) has stated in writing that you in fact DID make such a statement (See attachment)

Over these past few days, I have been contacted by several respected members of the (city name) community, including some who had previously conducted a criminal background check on me (With no findings). Those persons have stated that, "... (Inspectors name) is on a witch hunt, and has a personal vendetta against (my name)…" Those same persons strongly recommended that I begin a defamation lawsuit, against you, immediately.

Additionally, an ongoing – 12 year - matter concerning my valid US Green Card is none of your business and completely outside of your jurisdiction... In your capacity as a Canadian Federal Government Employee, you have shared your opinions regarding this matter with other persons, and those opinions have caused damage to me. Again, you have clearly violated my rights under the “Privacy Act” and the “Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.”

Similarly, any matters concerning my US Pilot Certificate, and any validations I may have regarding THAT certificate, are also none of your concern. My US certificate was NOT issued on the basis of any Canadian Licence, or foreign pilot certificate

Furthermore, I have been advised that you have stated to several persons that, “… (My name) is a criminal…” I quote from the Solicitor General of Canada, “…Once you have been pardoned, information about the conviction may not be given out without the approval of the Solicitor General of Canada…” I hereby demand that you provide me with a copy of that approval immediately. [Note to forum: Yes, I had a legal blemish on my record from decades ago]

So far as my Canadian Licenses and qualifications are concerned, I hold a valid Canadian ATPL. During early 2002, an additional type-rating was placed on that license. Log books, certification, and certified training records were reviewed at that time by a Transport Canada Personnel Licencing Inspector. Since that time, the only additional qualification was an authorization as an Operations Manager. That authorization was based on successfully passing a written test and interview, and holding a license appropriate to a pilot-in -command. You're comments to other persons that my "…credentials are in question...” is another slanderous accusation.

Additionally, you stated to me on June XXth, that you had contacted Captain (Other person), of the (foreign Country Name) Department of Civil Aviation. Whist flying in (Foreign Country Name) I DID NOT use the privileges of my Canadian License in any way. Therefore, you have no jurisdiction and are, as a Federal Government Representative, again clearly violating my rights under the “Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.” Specifically, you shared employment history WITHOUT obtaining a signed consent to disclose.

Furthermore, many persons involved with aviation and airlines in Canada - since Thursday when details of your "Investigation" began to surface – have come forward and stressed to me that you "…dangerously abuse your authority as an aviation inspector…" My attorney has recommended a - separate – class-action suit against you immediately; to whit many other persons have offered support.

Finally, my US attorney has been advised of your statement - made to my former co-worker -regarding an alleged "threat" against a US Citizen that you claim I made. She will bring this to the attention of the appropriate US authorities.

Regards

(My Name)

wrenchbender
29th Jun 2004, 21:51
Oh...... well, good luck.

I'm glad you're a law-abiding man, and are attempting to settle this with lawyers and such. You, know, there are people out there that would settle this on a more personal level.....

Again, I wish you well.

JoeCo
30th Jun 2004, 07:33
Interesting thread to say the least. I must agree with you that people in authority who abuse there priveleges should be dealt with in a professional and legal manner, so hats off to you for standing your ground. By the way, love the handle!!! It says it all right there.

However, what are you trying to achieve with this thread? It indicates that this is your 2nd post to PPrune and that you are West of Duabi. To me, the pieces of the puzzle doen't seem to be fitting so well just yet.

Keep in mind that we are only going on one letter from yourself, however, should the actions of the Inspector be true, I imagine that you will be in for a bit of a battle and wish you the best of luck.

Keep us posted,

Joe

STC
30th Jun 2004, 13:29
Its not hard to figure out who this mystery man is. Just go back through the posts in this forum and find the guy who whines the most about being f*cked over by TC....

Funny how his name is secret all of a sudden. Perhaps he's learned a thing or two about the use of real names in a public forum....

justcurious
30th Jun 2004, 15:26
Actually, diferent poster. Different inspector. Diferent writing styles.

Canadian Beech
1st Jul 2004, 12:21
Finally... justice! Too many people @ TC weild their power like a sword, and this crap should come to an end.
Good luck!

Chuck Ellsworth
3rd Jul 2004, 19:34
How are things going JC?

I am still in Amsterdam and planning on going home for a week on wednesday.

Hi STC!!

Chuck Elllsworth

retroflyer
26th Jul 2004, 04:33
Hey "based on principle"

TB, that's the best joke yet.