PDA

View Full Version : IFR Approach plates

fernytickles
18th Jun 2004, 22:37
Does anyone know if there is anywhere on the 'net that I can download current approach plates/arrival procedures? I'm doing a flight to Kingston, ON on Sunday and as it is all rather last minute planning, I haven't had time to purchase any in advance.

I know www.airnav.com have the current plates for American airports, but they don't seem to cover anything north of the border :(

bzhpilot
19th Jun 2004, 01:25
I had the same problem a few weeks ago but couldn't find nothing on the net downloadable....
If it helps I ordered plates from www.vippilot.com and received them under 24 hours....

fernytickles
19th Jun 2004, 10:57
Thank you for that. Here's hoping it'll be good weather! ;)

JoeCo
22nd Jun 2004, 09:28
VIP Pilot shop in St. Hubert, just outside Montreal proper, is an excellent source for anything aviation. Have used them in the past for headsets to VFR maps and most things in between. They do provide 24 hour service included in the price, if memeory serves correctly. Regardless, good shop to deal with.

As for plates on the net, that'd be the the cats ass!! If you find a website, please let us all know. Otherwise what you might want to try, if you are alright with using Jepp Charts, is if you know anyone that uses JeppView, have them print you off the plates for you. They are different then the CAP's and can sometimes be information overload, but you'll get use to them.

Hope it works for you.

Joe