PDA

View Full Version : Aviation consultants

ManaAdaSystem
17th Jun 2004, 21:16
How long is it normal to wait for an answer after registering with an agency?
Not to name any specific agency, but they keep updating their job section by moving 2-6 week "old" jobs to the top of the list. That would indicate some degree of urgency?
Now, I'm right in the ball park with respect to experience, hours, rating, availability, etc, but still all I get is silence.
Just curious what kind of experience other pilots have with respect to this?

B737NG
19th Jun 2004, 00:49
A agency only contacts you if you fit in. If you look for any kind of job a pimp is not the right one to have on your side. You must look after yourself. If you meet the requierements then go and apply direct at the airline. Agency`s want the easy money out of you and thats it. After you are in you stand allone. There is no support from the agent to you. Believe it!.

NG

ManaAdaSystem
19th Jun 2004, 14:00
If I was a class A hooker with a pimp, four customers waiting around the corner, then I would expect him to arrange something ASAP.
Where I'm at the moment, agency guys get better pay than those of us who joined direct. Not to say that’s always the case.
When an agency keeps promoting itself, advertising for pilots, posting jobs at their web site, and still don't bother to reply to emails from one who "fits in" as you say, then I question the seriousness of this particular agency. I find the whole thing a bit weird.

B737NG
20th Jun 2004, 01:22
That`s exact the point: You are #1 and be treated like a bitc:mad:
see the package where you are, moneywise the contract Pilots are better off but the rest?. Leave, ID-travel, pension, Job-security, upgrade, Fleet transfer, income protection and so on that is a BIG ZERO for the most in contract. So if you get a health insurance and a real loss of licence you also better off then a contractor. I work as the biggest bitc:mad: in the world since many years and I was with several agencies, exept one they paid allways on time but that`s it. The rest I had to look after myself. When I called them during the contract period and saight that is not what the contract states as the operator is supposed to do when we, all contract pilots in that company, not get treated as we where entitled to be, then there was no action because the agency wants to place more pilots into that operation and then
there is no backup as long as they get the money on time. Also
be careful when you join such a outfit and you really like it, or they like you, then make shure before you sign the agreemant that you can join them direct after you completed the contract period. Look also for the place of juridistriction that this is somewhere where you have access to and not in the middle of nowhere and you cannot call a court to help you to sort things out.
The maroccan contract is not worth to go as the pay is too less and the contract period is too short. You finish in the winter when none of the charter operator needs a pilot. So wait a while. Shenzen AL raised the price and time. You should live in China and get a package of about $ 8.000 US at the moment. It is close to Hongkong but you cannot commute monthly to and from home. That is a fact you should consider also in Marocco. When Atlas Blue is ready to operate and can adopt the system of commuting for consecutive days off then it starts to get interesting. Why should you stay there for 30 days a month when you are able to fly your 100 hours in 16 days and then go home for 14. In that time they do not have to pay your allowance, accomodation and so on. At the end it is cheaper to use the pilots in a short time and then let them go home to rest there. Less trouble, happier families and so on. I am working since 1996 as contract pilot. As me if you want to know more.......

NG