PDA

View Full Version : Logbook Question

bmi-ERJ-FO
16th Jun 2004, 14:04
Hello everyone,

Can anybody advise me what to do with regards to a new logbook. Having had the small blue Pooley's logbook (more suitable for private flying) I always promised myself that when I made it to an airline, I'd treat myself to a Professional Logbook. Incidentally, I ended up going for the Jeppesen one having searched for opinions on logbooks, here on pprune.

The question I have though, is whether or not I should transfer all the details of my old flights into the new logbook, or whether I should just start afresh in the new one? If I will have to keep the old logbook for the CAA to check at a later date anyway, I'm thinking that I may as well just start the new one. But if I transferred all the old flight details into the new book, and was able to dispense with the old one, then I'd be able to get away with just keeping 1 logbook.

Can anyone advise?
Thanks in advance,

bmi-ERJ-FO

Notso Fantastic
16th Jun 2004, 16:47
Just start a new logbook afresh. The old one may have been endorsed and you couldn't transfer that. You may go through all the pallaver of copying into your new logbook- it will actually make you complete the Jeppeson logbook that much quicker! Then what are you going to do? Copy it all out into a third really really big logbook?

phlop
16th Jun 2004, 17:40
Now that you are flying Jets, get with the 21st Century and start a computer logbook. The best available is Mylog from airsoft.com.au in Australia and it will print you the most incredible logbook ever seen. It is only about $35 US as well and you get to try it for a month for free. By all means keep your hand written one going as well but you will eventually dump it.

G-LOST
16th Jun 2004, 18:15
Grab yourself the new logbook, start a spreadsheet to back it up (useful for immediate totals) and get on with it. Don't bother transcribing the old info. Soon you will have quite a collection to store, in any case. Your logbook will be checked by the company to verify Cat2 currency (which is up to you) and that's about all, but the CAA will want to give it the once over when you apply for your ATPL so KEEP IT SIMPLE and up to date.

No offence, and I know you're excited by the job and all that, but don't you think your username is a tad indiscrete and maybe could be construed as a bit pretentious? Perhaps you should become a little more incognito - :D ;)

LOST