PDA

View Full Version : Airport job - Montreal

747fanatic
22nd May 2004, 17:36
i want to apply for a position with an airline at Dorval. The problem is that as i was not raised in Canada,i am not fluent in french. Most of the airlines want fluency in French. However the one airline that does not ask for french as a requirement is Canjet. Although they do say that preferrence will be given to the candidate who can speak both languages. I have past passenger service agent experience, but not in Canada.

Can somebody tell me what my chances are like? a Canjet employee maybe

justcurious
22nd May 2004, 23:08
While I wish you luck, I see a ew mitigating factors. Large numbers of experienced CSRs are surplused in YUL. Perhap the company you have in mind would prefer people who don't have memories of the "Old Company" in the back of their mind.

Working in Quebec is a dificult thing for someone who doesn't at least have a smattering of French. Perhaps if you could show that you are taking language training, that might help, but the odds are good that other applicants will at least be able to point out the nearest toilet, or explain delays, in French.

You mentioned that you are from another country. If in your childhood you spoke a second language, I would make an effort to work it into your resume.

Good luck to you. I'm sure passengers everywhere could stand to see an enthusiastic face.