PDA

View Full Version : Boeing EADI / PFD

Ka8 Flyer
18th May 2004, 06:23
Hi folks!

I'm trying to simulate a B767 EADI and I have a few questions regarding some limits:

Does anyone know until how many degrees pitch the pitch ladder is available?

What happens if you exceed this limit?

What happens if you roll to a bank angle in excess of ~ 62°, does the small triangle that indicates the bank angle move inward onto the rectangular part of the EADI? (EADI's with speedtapes, not the round EADI).

I'd be very happy if anyone could help me out! If you don't know the values for the B767 EADI, maybe you could post the values for different aircraft? Differences might be siimilar, right?

Thanks a bunch!

Mark

Ka8 Flyer
20th May 2004, 12:32
Isn't there anyone who knows this or knows where you can find out about it?

Thanks!

Snoopy2
21st May 2004, 11:50
As far as I know, the 767 EADI works a full 360 degrees in both pitch and roll.

Never pitched more than around 30 degrees so haven't looked at that part of the eadi.

I believe the pitch ladder works all the way up to straight up (or down).

With Roll, the sky pointer is always visible and moves in on the rectangular part on other efis aircraft I have flown.

Ka8 Flyer
22nd May 2004, 11:16
Hi Snoopy!

Thanks for your reply! I recieved a document where it is indicated that the pitch ladder will be available until 60° up/down. The horizon could still work a full 360° nevertheless. At least, that's how I am going to program ours.
Regarding the sky pointer, that's how I programmed it, so no changes necessary there :-)

Thanks again,

Mark