PDA

View Full Version : Extra Solenoid?

lil_bird
15th May 2004, 20:00
Hey guys,

Can anyone explain the 2nd solenoid on a 152. I have looked into my books but can only explain the one solenoid for the starter? I know it's something I'm missing but would like a quick explanation.

P.S. - If looking into the cowling from the top facing towards the tail of the aircraft it is the one on the left Simply a back-up or another system? It is attatched to the bulkhead and looks exactly the same as the starter solenoid. I have a picture but can't attatch attatchments!!

thanks again
Lil_bird:ok:

Tinstaafl
16th May 2004, 02:07
Don't have access to my C152 stuff and it's been years since I've flown one, however....

Connected to the battery switch and connects the battery to the electrical bus. Enables lighter gauge wiring to the switch/lower rated switch capacity.

Not too confident in my answer. Been too long, as I said.

lil_bird
16th May 2004, 08:27
Thanx tinstaafl,

I understand they (cessna) want to minimise the risk of fire in the cockpit and dont want heavy cabling on the pilots side of the bulkhead, but why not use relays and not solenoids. I am a TRAINING engineer and don't wanna sound stupid but electrics aren't my strongest of topics.

Thanks in advance for whatever advice

lil_Bird:ok: