View Full Version : moncton cpl /IR

Truthmaster
12th May 2004, 08:11
Need some feedback on moncton. Possibly going thro PTC in bournemouth
cheers
T.M

604guy
12th May 2004, 09:26
Moncton is a good facility. I was an instructor there back in the 70's and we had students from all over the world. They have just recently opened a new 5 million dollar classroom building with many of the latest classroom aids. The fleet is undergoing a renewal and much of it is less than a year old. Moncton has quite a variety of weather which will give you some good exposure. I was in Moncton just recently and had the full tour by the principle and felt that they are continuing their high standard.

Cheers,

minus273
12th May 2004, 15:04
Hey there,

Would recommend them anyday. I did all of my intial training there and then went and did my 2year IR renewal last year. Very helpful and friendly. You should be able to get cheap accomadation near the airport. Elise the student admin lady should be able to help you out with that.

I am not to sure about the JAA set up all though it is done by some of their senior instructors who got standarised to the JAA way of teaching.

The IR will have to be done in Europe, but I guess you already know that. Only the VFR portions can be done in Canada.

hibypassratio
12th May 2004, 22:39
I did my Candian licenses there and instructed there. Great facility. Moncton is a very affordable town to live in.

Best of luck.:ok:

Truthmaster
14th May 2004, 09:21
Happy with that chaps, bears and mountys here I come. I'll brush up on the French. Is it like Dawsons Creek and do you have central heating yet?

justcurious
14th May 2004, 18:36
The Bears are south of town in Riverview. The Cougars are at the Cosmo Club;) Thsi would be where the French conversational refreshers are given each evening.
Good school.

minus273
14th May 2004, 19:10
Hey

I think there is place called Fire house or something like that, it is a microbrewery pub. It is just off Main street. Nice beer and good food.

If you speak high school French you will be fine as even the Acadians really speak Franglais rather than French. I never had anyone that just spoke French.

Well hope you have a good time.

I would be more worried about the Acadian women than the Bears and Cougars.

justcurious
15th May 2004, 05:06
Uhmm.... Cougars are Acadian women in their late 30's early 40's. ;)