PDA

View Full Version : Flight Examiner Handbook 2004

BEagle
10th May 2004, 23:14
I have just received the 2004 version of the FEH from the CAA - only to find that the pages have been wrongly punched and no longer fit the FEH binder.

Has anyone else found the same problem?

IRRenewal
11th May 2004, 06:40
Yep. It's one step up from last year though: the pages weren't punched at all then.

BEagle
11th May 2004, 07:11
Was that last year? Or the year before.

Is it really so hard for them to get it right?

Have e-mailed Jacqui to ask for a correctly punched set of pages; will report back with her response!

hugh flung_dung
11th May 2004, 15:32
I agree that it's mildly annoying but at least it's readily fixed with a hole punch (in about 30 seconds, in fact) - unlike some of the regulations!

cavko
11th May 2004, 17:23
I havn't even received a binder but at least I have the holes!

idle stop
11th May 2004, 21:00
I got two copies, holes all in the right places. But then I'm a FE(H) so would expect this sort of service! For all you (A) chaps, the secret is that the CAA hole-punching wallahs were in a flingy wingy thingy at the time they were doing your batch of manuals.

Another_CFI
12th May 2004, 11:03
Like BEagle my copy of this years handbook has the holes in the wrong place.

DB6
13th May 2004, 19:21
Well they must have heard you chaps because mine arrived this morning with all holes present and correct(ly spaced).

Sleeve Wing
13th May 2004, 19:53
Mines OK too (this time), although not quite aligned so that it all actually fits inside the binder.
'Spose I'm lucky ........at least I've got a binder.

Sleeve. ;) ;)

Keygrip
13th May 2004, 20:43
I've always had a binder.

Have had one year without holes.

One year with holes - but badly aligned so as not to fit binder.

This year - have holes - three of which fit the binder - one is a rogue.

Now - where's my big hole punch??

BEagle
8th Jun 2004, 08:06
Finally got a new copy. Holes now fit binder rings, but pages poke out of the bottom of the binder.

Print quality rather poor - lots of dust specks on the copier, fairly obviously and some pages poorly copied.

The whole thing looks thoroughly unprofessional. Whay can't they ever get anything right?