PDA

View Full Version : how many hours instrument flying do i get?

fudgy2000
3rd Apr 2004, 18:07
how many hours instrument flying do i get, to gain my JAA PPL??

IRRenewal
3rd Apr 2004, 19:10
If you have a half decent instructor, whatever it takes to become proficient at what you have to do to pass your skill test.

Talking about your instructor, why not ask him/her all the questions you have been posting here?

tacpot
3rd Apr 2004, 19:45
You get what you need. The JAA SKill test requires you to demonstrate a 180 degree turn in (simulated) instrument conditions.

The older CAA PPL used to have a manadated amout of instrument 'appreciation', but the JAA PPL does not.

Of course, if you want more Instrument Training than your instructor thinks you need to pass the Skill Test, I'm sure the FTO will gladly take your money!

If you detect irritation in the responses to your many questions, take the hint; there are many sources for 'hard' information that you may need for your flying. It is important that you find the authoritative source for any information you need. Ask on PPRUNE and you might get the right answer, but would you bet your licence, or even you life on it?

I looked up the answer to your question in the CAA's online version of LASORS 2004, and on the JAA website.
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS.PDF
http://www.jaa.nl/section1/jarsec1.html

If you have a question about a fact, the best question you could ask is "Where can I find the authoritative answer to this question?" You should be able to pose this question on the Private Pilot forum, this forum, or to any instructor at your FTO.

If you spread your questions around and make a real effort to self-serve yourself from the sources available on the web first, you should find people being less irritated when you ask basic questions.

Good luck with the PPL.

pondlife
7th Apr 2004, 13:05
Might be worth a gentle reminder that this forum is supposed to be biased toward flight instructors and examiners talking amongst themselves. It is not supposed to be a forum in which students may find an abundance of instructors of whom to ask questions.
The students own instructor should be primary contact into the instructing community.