PDA

View Full Version : Boeing select Electric Braking for B7E7

TheGuitarist
31st Mar 2004, 13:40
Just read that the Boeing 7E7 will have electric braking system, electric landing gear extension & retraction and electric steering. Anyone know anymore?

TG

nooluv
31st Mar 2004, 15:29
Yeah it's got "electric" engines! "General" !!!

nooluv.......

Phoenix_X
1st Apr 2004, 12:14
You were 8 hours 20 minutes early posting that :rolleyes:

mono
2nd Apr 2004, 11:23
Actualy pheonix he is right and it was NOT an april fool prank.

The 7E7 is to use the MEA (or more electric aircraft) concept and they are considering the items mentioned. Not too sure of the specifics. I will have a gander when I get back to work.

swh
2nd Apr 2004, 16:35
And they are incorporating solar panels into the upper wing skins so they can do away with a RAT, and induction coils so pilots can fly at 100 ft above a runway and recharge their batteries by going through a magnetic field installed in the runway.

:rolleyes:

fescalised portion
2nd Apr 2004, 16:46
Sorry to dissapoint you disbelievers, but it is the truth! Check out the link........

http://www.messier-bugatti.com/press/index.php4?f=accueil_articles&id=56

NWSRG
2nd Apr 2004, 16:46
Presumably, the 7E7 will still use disc type brakes, but with electric actuation. I wonder have Boeing considered using an electric regenerative breaking system as well? This type of system would help reduce the wear rate on the foundation brakes.

Anti-ice
3rd Apr 2004, 00:00
mmmm. . and whe you click on the multimedia link, nothing happens - hope the brakes work better :ooh:

Phoenix_X
5th Apr 2004, 00:57
I happily stand corrected :ok:

Cejkovice
20th Apr 2004, 13:37
Isn't this a big step for Boeing as I don't believe they run any form or 'electric' braking to date like the buses do with their Messier control units.

Notso Fantastic
20th Apr 2004, 14:13
I recall reading that they were doing away with hydraulic systems altogether. They are heavy, and all those heavyweight steel pipes, inflammable fluids, (4 hydraulic systems on a 747), jacks and flexible joints failing merrily......makes sense. I'm sure it will be the way of the future. I think it is also doing away with air systems as well- must be rather large pressurisation motors? I would imagine the engines will each have attached a couple of alternators bigger than the engines!