PDA

View Full Version : JAR on Flying Hours

Fiske
30th Mar 2004, 18:02
Hi,

I'm just about to start a new job as an FO with a scheduled low cost carrier :ok: and am a little confused as to how many hours I can fly per month and how the hours are broken down.

Actual flying hours, duty hours, min. rest hours etc

Could someone with experience in these matters give me some help with this? I don't want to start my commercial aviation career off on the wrong foot!:D

Miles Magister
30th Mar 2004, 18:47
Fiske,

The best answer is to keep your head down and do what you are told at first. However I believe it is you who is personally responsible for ensuring you keep within the FTLs. There is actually no legal limit for duty time. Each Aircraft Operator's Certificate (AOC) holder has their own scheme. The process is that when applying for an AOC the company devises their own FTL scheme to suit their needs. They then submit it to the Campaign Against Aviation (CAA) for approval. Once it has been approved everyone in th ecompany must adhere to it. In practice the CAA will not approve a less restrictive FTL scheme than is dictated in CAP 371 Jan 04 edition. This is available to download here

http://www.caa.co.uk/publications/publicationdetails.asp?id=22

FTLs are fairly rigidly enforced and I suggest you read your companies own scheme.

MM

The Greaser
30th Mar 2004, 18:54
Answer will be in the ops manual which the airline will provide to you.

Fiske
31st Mar 2004, 10:26
Thanks for the replies;)