PDA

View Full Version : ATPL conversion

swamp monkey
17th Mar 2004, 11:46
Was wondering which companies some of you out there would recommend to convert a "Aussie" ATPL over to the Canadian ATPL, preferably in BC.

Cheers
:ok:

510orbust
14th Apr 2004, 10:29
Hey there, well if you are looking for a good flight school on the west coast try Canadian flight centre at boundary bay airport. They have a total of around 10 a/c including a sim. As far as your conversion goes mate, things in Canada are not so good right now, and I am getting out while I am still young enough and doing the Jar conversions for Europe.. IF you need any more info let me know..

JoeCo
24th Apr 2004, 05:25
Hey 510orBust, (love the handle!)

See you mentioned that you are working on your JAR tickets. Interested in doing that myself. All I know so far is that it is no walk in the park!! But what is actually required? Could you share what you have learnt with what is required to go from zero to a full JAR ATPL ticket? Much appreciated!

One other point, have you considered what is required to actually be eligable to work in the EU. I hear that it is somewhat restrictive something like the States. Please comment.

Cheers,

Joe

510orbust
5th May 2004, 15:23
Hey joe,

If you can give me a little bit more to go on, as far as your total time what you have flown I can guide you in the right direction as far as getting started on the exams.

As for the work visa, all I know is yes they are restrictive, I do have my right of abode there do to my mother being british...Let me know exactly what you have and I will try and answer your questions...