PDA

View Full Version : Student notes

rupetime
17th Mar 2004, 10:26
For one reason or another my instructor hasnt completed any notes on my instruction, i am nearing completion of the ppl studies and would appreciate any view on how important these notes are once i have completed everything, for example are they submitted to the CAA or are they just for other instructors to look at if they take over my tuition ?

thanks for any help you guys can offer.

RT

DFC
17th Mar 2004, 15:26
The training organisation is required to keep notes and the Examminer may ask to see the notes in preparation for your GFT.

However, in the UK the chances are that the examminer will be from the same organisation and they simply won't bother to check (cause they know the notes don't exist).

Provided that you complete all your training at that organisation then there will probably be no problems for you. (there could be problems for the organisation if they are checked).

However, if you decide to transfer to another organisation then there could be problems.

Not saying that this is the case but in the past, I have experienced organisations who try to lock students in by not making the required records available if they wish to go elsewhere.

Regards,

DFC

homeguard
17th Mar 2004, 16:16
Registered facilities must maintain a record of training and retain the record for two years following completion of training. Should you change schools then copies must be made available to the subsequent school.

The CAA may demand them at any time. If a rather silly school was to refuse to give a copy to the subsequent school who are to finish the particular course then the CAA will obtain them for the later school, using its powers.

Normally only your Log Book is required for Licence or Rating issue. Occasionally there may be a query, in which case the CAA will require to see at least a copy of the Training Record or the relevant part. Often a simple phone call to cross check suffices. But the records must be complete.