PDA

View Full Version : CH-EU bilaws

airmen
16th Mar 2004, 15:01
If you are Swiss citizen and wanting to apply for a position in France, here is the answer:
Not for non EU. :ouch:
I believe that the bilaws are made only for people wanting to live and work in Switzerland, not for Swiss to work in EU.
I know a lot of French and other EU citizen working for Switzerland biggest company, so why this discrimination?

Anybody experienced the same story?

Voeni
18th Mar 2004, 07:42
studi's right.

i am swiss and do have legal working permit in the EU (sad it wasn't the same when i started my career - could have joined LH...)

well, also agree with studi's last statement...

airmen
18th Mar 2004, 08:51
Studi,

Perhaps I did not make my self clear, I wrote:
I believe that the bilaws are made only for people wanting to live and work in Switzerland, not for Swiss to work in EU.
I have read the bylaws and for me Swiss people (which are not part of EU) have the right to work in EU, but the fact is that I received a written answer from a french company saying that the internal company's regulations forbid non EU citizen.
Do that means discrimination?

Voeni, are you working in France?

airmen
19th Mar 2004, 10:10
Thank you Studi,
To me it is discrimination, they try to protect jobs unlawfuly!
I am checking with a lawyer and immigration service...

Voeni
19th Mar 2004, 13:12
airmen,

since yesterday I know what you mean. got an answer from Lufthansa Cityline, they told me they're not recruiting any pilots currently (which I can understand).

BUT: They also wrote that you have to be EU-citizen to apply for a position within LH Cityline.

As a swiss, I'm sure I do have the same rights -> Discrimination !!

BTW: The British Embassy confirmed, that Swiss should be treated as EU citizens regarding work. So obviously the company's don't get it.

Would be very much interested what you can find out with your lawyer, airmen.

airmen
20th Mar 2004, 12:24
Voeni,

I am sorry for you too, but at least we can share our findings and perhaps make a step forward, stay tuned and give me your results if you have something coming up.:ugh:

airmen
25th Mar 2004, 10:04
Voeni,
Check if Germany has a contingency for foreigner, France has one until may 2004 then Swiss are considered like EU people!
:cool:

Danou_71
25th Mar 2004, 15:42
Lately, I got an answer from a german carrier which contained the following:
- You need to have a german ATPL to work for us...
They can find any reason not to hire you as they have a wide choice of pilots on the market now. Some of them are even ready to work for 2000.- Euro per month:sad: just to get that first job!

As soon the airlines get better, it will change and I can tell you they will hire you! Even if you are not EU, don't have jet hours and don't speak the local language but only english... If they need pilots, the selection criteria will change...

Danou_71

airmen
26th Mar 2004, 08:56
Immigration people told me it is clearly discrimination and the next one is that I should have a French ATPL, they even do not reckognise the Swiss ATPL/JAR one:{
I suspect Air Littoral crash to be partly the cause even if they where not friends...
What a wonderful world of peace!

ettore
28th Mar 2004, 19:58
Airman,
I don't think that the ongoing litigation with the former SAirGroup weights that much in face of corporatism and protectionism.

Until proven differently, the SAirGroup overpaid all stakes it took in Air Liberte, AOM and Air Littoral and wasted a considerable amount of money in trying to merge them.

The Swiss were de facto controlling the three airlines and did also support the full operative costs. Here and there, you will find clues on how the Swiss tried to get a part of their money back (leasing rates, catering and ground handling costs, transfer to ZRH of French customers datas and so on), but it will probably never amount to a positive balance in favour of SAirGroup.

Looking to the past, I'm sure the Swiss got screwed (maybe willingly, if kickbacks were paid on their private accounts, but up to now nobody brought any evidence to light) and I believe that their financial commitment to the three French airlines postponed their bankruptcy by a couple of years.

I'm pretty sure that the French authorities are well aware that thanks to the SAirGroup's funds and mistakes, first they could avoid subsidies to thoses dying airlines and second they found a perfect scapegoat once they were dead. But I do not believe they would use it to bare a Swiss pilot from getting a job in France.

Look how former Swissair and former Crossair pilots are fighting eachother within Swiss Airlines to keep as much as possible of their respective fellows flying. In France too, everybody is fighting to keep a job. No matter what excuse, but if you do not belong to the stronger group, you lose. End of the story.

airmen
29th Mar 2004, 15:50
Ettore,

I was working in the big group of Switzerland, and a few of my collegues where French among others, I just want it reverse now especially within the existing bilaws, but it seems that they are made for EU more than for Swiss people...

By the way where you in that big group too, I may know you!;)