PDA

View Full Version : to unfreeze ATPL

tayyareci
14th Mar 2004, 22:24
Hi,

I have searched the forums and looked into Lasors but couldn't find a satisfactory answer to my question therefore before I call CAA, I have decided to ask my question here since there are very experienced and knowledgeable people around.

I am currently holding a JAR CPL-IR with ATPL theory and MCC certificate. My experience is over 2000 TT; 1200 hours of which is on multi crew airplanes B-707. I have no current multi crew airplane type rating in my commercial license.

1. Can I unfreeze my ATPL without a type rating?
2. If I do a type rating course lets say B-737 can I apply to unfreeze my ATPL when I finish the course?

Thank you very much for your time

FlyingForFun
15th Mar 2004, 10:55
Tayyareci,

All the answers are in section G of LASORS (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS.PDF); however, briefly, it is the Captain's rating that gives you the ATPL - a co-pilot rating is not sufficient in itself. From the bottom-right of page 294 of that document:
The applicant shall demonstrate the ability to perform as Pilot-in-Command of an aeroplane type certificated for a minimum of two pilots under IFRAside from that, there are a large number of other requirements, such as PIC time, cross-country time (some of which must be as PIC), night time, instrument time and so on, which I suspect you have probably already met, but you should check anyway.

FFF
-----------

The Greaser
15th Mar 2004, 11:20
Sounds like the only requirement you need to meet is the JAR ATPL 'skills test'. This needs to be undertaken in an approved multi-crew aircraft (sim) with a CAA TRE. The LST needed at the end of a type conversion course would cover this and then you will be able to apply for your ATPL.

Regards