PDA

View Full Version : F100 Info Req'd

jojava
2nd Mar 2004, 12:58
Hello,

I'm trying to find out what "FMS" system is on the F100, particularily American Airlines F100's. Is it a Honeywell ?

Also, is there any software or good reading material on that or the F100 specifically ?

Any other relevent comments would be appreciated !

Take care guys !!

Java

Herod
4th Mar 2004, 00:23
Itīs a Honeywell system, and very good it is too, although not as good as the latest Smiths. I donīt know of any manuals on it, but one word of advice. Donīt use Bill Bulferīs book concerning the Honeywell system on the big Boeings. He himself points out that they are different from those of the F100.

jojava
4th Mar 2004, 13:09
Hi herod,
thanks for the reply. Anychance you know of model type or; are they all about the same ?

Thanks,
Jo

Herod
5th Mar 2004, 00:28
Sorry, itīs been a few years now, and I only flew a batch of British registered ones. I think youīll find the hardware pretty consistent, although the software may have different updates. Good luck in your search. (Thinks: I know this is a non-British computer, but why has it put an "r" before the apostrophe every time on both my posts ??)

dv8
7th Mar 2004, 19:35
When I was with Gill Airways the F100 (all ex US a/c) had the Honeywell FMS. I also do not remember the model. However our ground school was with KLM uk on this Wicat FMS CBT trainer (http://www.wicat.com/flight/other/introfms.htm) If that helps.

Big Pistons Forever
9th Mar 2004, 10:30
Jojava

I assume this is for the new JETSGO F100's. Has anybody been hired for this a/c yet and do you know what the training bond is?