PDA

View Full Version : Lack of understanding FI's

B2N2
12th Feb 2004, 21:45
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118680
Check this one, it's in Wannabee's professional training.
Things that annoy me, some people just don't get it, who taught them how to fly anyway?
There's another annoying one on quality of timebuilding thinking FI is not the best idea.
What are they thinking...:mad:
Comments welcome...
Cheers FI's:ok:

LEVC
13th Feb 2004, 18:35
Trying not to be pretentious ,I would say it depends on the individual,
if he is a wankle or not motivated it wont matter if he is building time, doing it for a living or as hobby.

This kind of FI will have the same behaviour in all he/she does, even if he gets hired by an airline.

I know time builder's FI whose students are very happy , and as i said there are others.....................

Do you think that any FI that is not time builder is giving quality training to his students?

LEVC

shortstripper
16th Feb 2004, 12:57
LEVC ....

"Do you think that any FI that is not time builder is giving quality training to his students?"

I'm not sure where you're coming from with that? Why wouldn't they be?

SS

Field In Sight
16th Feb 2004, 16:23
I've just started instructing in the last 6 months.

Finally, I don't have to pay 100 quid a pop, in fact I even get paid (if you can call it that:D ).

I really enjoy it and try to provide the type of instruction that I would expect to get as a new student starting out in aviation.

But the real purpose is to build time, as this is what the airlines seem to want (hopefully).

I do agree in part about the relevance of 100’s of hours Single Engine, out to the Practice Area/In the circuit to airline operations.

What I do think I have gained that may be relevant is:

1. Much greater capacity i.e. teaching, flying, listening to ATC, lookout, entertaining all at the same time.
2. Hand flying has improved massively.
3. Monitoring student/aircraft performance.
4. Constantly meeting and dealing with a multitude of personalities.
5. More experience handling the pressures to continue with a flight (usually personal income) that could compromise safety i.e. bad weather, overweight passengers, dodgy aircraft. etc.

FIS.

LEVC
17th Feb 2004, 00:32
What i mean is that a non time builder FI DOES NOT ASSURE better training.

I agree with you two when you say that there are time builders FI's that does not give a damn........ about their students, as well as non time builders FI's behaving the same way, and believe me, there are.

I suffered a couple of them myself.

I guess no one should generalize and say that a time builder FI will give you bad training.

LEVC