PDA

View Full Version : Bearskin Airlines - Good Outfit to Fly For?

LVL CHG
1st Feb 2004, 05:52
I have a mate who might have the opportunity to fly for Bearskin on the PC-12. A couple of questions:

1. Is this a good outfit to fly for? Are employees happy there?

2. Is the PC-12 a good airplane to fly? I have seen it on the ramp - it looks nice.

3. Does Bearskin actually fly Fokker 100s (I have seen this in some timetables and not in others - conflicting data)?

4. What are the pros and cons of flying for Bearskin?

Cheers

bin Ich
2nd Feb 2004, 05:39
I don't know what makes your mate think that Bearskin is hiring! There is no movement and there are guys still on the street.

IHL
2nd Feb 2004, 21:34
Answers:

1. Is this a good outfit to fly for? Are employees happy there?
A: Yes / Unionized

2. Is the PC-12 a good airplane to fly? I have seen it on the ramp - it looks nice.
A: Bearskin no longer has PC12s; their fleet consists of Beech 100s,/99s/ and Sweringen Metroliners.

3. Does Bearskin actually fly Fokker 100s (I have seen this in some timetables and not in others - conflicting data)?
A: No, No Jet equipment.

4. What are the pros and cons of flying for Bearskin?
A: Don't know.

Many of their pilots are local quys and been with the company a long time , others are their to build time.

They are based in Thunder Bay, a remote city of APPX 100,000. It is an 8 hour drive to get to any other equally sized city, thats probably a draw back.

Dockjock
4th Feb 2004, 04:11
Are you sure they don't have PC-12's anymore? I think you'll find that is not the case. They may have abandoned the '99 with the sale of the northern routes to Wasaya but I'm not sure.

cykzstudent
4th Feb 2004, 04:19
Dockjock is right,

They operate PC12s on their Buttonville - Ottawa route.

IHL
4th Feb 2004, 20:40
Humble apologies, I forgot about their Southern Routes.

IHL

canadansk
19th Feb 2004, 02:03
Bearskin Airlines -- Ahhhh!

Flew there on the 99 pre-union days in the mid/late 90's. Great experience. Now Capt on A340-500 with Emirates. Bearskin is a good learning ground for anybody. Proud to be part of their past.