being a commercial aircraft pilot has to be wokring
very hard on the non-stop qualifying tests and
training all the time, is that true?

and other than jetlag for long haul flying, is there
any difficulties that a pilot will experience
during/after his flight?

comparing with working on-ground in other industry and
as a pilot, is there any major differences inbetween
them? like, daily life style and stuffs like that?

Thx a million!!!
:D

Pilot Pete
28th Jan 2004, 06:12
and other than jetlag for long haul flying, is there any difficulties that a pilot will experience during/after his flight

Getting home in the traffic, falling asleep on the motorway, waking up the family as you trip over the dog at 4am as you get home, trying to get sleep when the kids are at home and just being kids............

It's not only longhaul pilots who suffer from sleep related problems. Shorthaul can be just as tiring with a mix of earlies, days, lates, nights and the associated problems of sleep pattern adjustment and fatigue.

I have got only a few ideas that being a commercial aircraft pilot has to be wokring very hard on the non-stop qualifying tests and training all the time, is that true?

Yes, to a certain extent. You are only ever a few months away from another 'test'. How hard you find these comes down to ability, determination, preparation and attitude.

comparing with working on-ground in other industry and as a pilot, is there any major differences inbetween them? like, daily life style and stuffs like that?

Yes, completely different. Moments of intense activity where decisions affect safety coupled to many hours of very little activity and stimulation, but having to remain vigilant and keep thinking 'what if?'

Plenty of politics (not so different I guess!), but once you push back you are your own bosses.

How many other jobs are there where an employee ( The Airline Captain) holds so much responsibilty that his decisions (or lack of them!) could kill hundreds and actually bankrupt the business?

What ground job gives you a view from your desk that is constantly changing?

What job requires such dedication and investment on the part of an individual to qualify with no guarantee of anything at the end of it?

And that's just a few of the differences. On the whole though, I wouldn't do anything else.;)

PP

on the glide
28th Jan 2004, 12:10
G'day,

You betta take' a look the Naked pilot from Beaty
you'll find the answer.

Cheers:O

Dead_Heading
31st Jan 2004, 18:44
Damn good book that.

AhDee
4th Feb 2004, 11:03