PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver PPRuNe Meet

Danny
26th Jan 2004, 07:06
Hi there to all my Candian PPRuNers. I'm in Vancouver all this week and was wondering if anyone would like meet up for a sort of mini-PPRuNe bash.

First day here and I'm impressed by the city. Loved the seaplane base at Coal Harbour. Anyone from there a PPRuNer?

Hope to catch up with a few of you soon.

Reply to this thread or PM.

Mostly Harmless
26th Jan 2004, 07:52
If I had some advance notice I would have come out for that. I hope you enjoy. Be sure to have lunch at the Flying Beaver.

Chuck Ellsworth
26th Jan 2004, 09:28
Hi danny:

I live in Nanaimo and have to go to Vancouver in a few days.

Would like to meet you and share B.S. stories.

Call me if you get a chance.

250-758-3693

Chuck Ellsworth

deniset3000
27th Jan 2004, 00:52
The Beaver sounds like a fun spot for lunch - I'm at 604-737-8771
or [email protected]
Dee

Canadian Airbus
27th Jan 2004, 06:58
I'd love to get together.

Myself and the Girlfriend will be in Vancouver, Friday night and Saturday morning.

Early Friday evening at the "Flying Beaver" would work well for both of us. Alas, I have an IFR renewal ride starting at 21:00 so I'm going to be drinking soft drinks:( I'm sure that's at least a misdemenor.

However it would still be a wonderful chance to meet.

Also, if you happen to get over Victoria way I'll be available starting Wed afternoon.

Phone number is (780) 430-6717

Cheers

Norm

Danny
27th Jan 2004, 07:52
Unfortunately, Friday night I'll be flying back home so it will have to be Thursday 29th or earlyish on Friday 30th that we do something. I know it's all short notice but better late than never.

The Flying Beaver sounds OK as far as location. My preference would be for Friday, early afternoon onwards. My flight isn't until 8.40pm so that would fit in quite nicely. If the rest wanted to stay on then they can make arrangements.

I have a temp cellphone contact number which is: 604-839 5964.

All those that want to make it early afternoon on Friday just post intentions here and as long as there are at least a few of us we can confirm here too.:ok:

Canadian Airbus
27th Jan 2004, 12:17
Friday afternooon/evening sounds good to me Danny.

I'm not sure how early I can get there. We're not sure when the girlfriend gets off work, then we have to get the ferry from Victoria. My guess is that we'd get there aound 17:30, perhaps earlier. I'd have to leave 20:30.

Anyhow it seems like we have the start of a PPRune bash :O

One concern I have is getting a table at the "Beaver" at that time on a Friday evening. Does anyone know if we can reserve one or can some of us get down there early and hold seats?

Danny
28th Jan 2004, 02:38
OK, it's the Flying Beaver from about 3pm onwards. Hands up who will be attending and who may be attending....

:ok:

Duke Elegant
28th Jan 2004, 05:41
Welcome Danny
If you liked the sea plane base at Coal Harbour you will LOOOOVE the seaplane base at the airport , viewed from the "Flying Beaver", that is.
I would definately like to get together.

Chuck Ellsworth
28th Jan 2004, 06:52
I plan on being there.

Chuck

Canadian Airbus
28th Jan 2004, 07:52
This is sounding good. Are you going to make it Duke? I've been following your thread on AvCanada and I'd love to meet you.

OK so situation is we get Duke, Chuck, and Danny and I can't drink beer. This is like <wrong> :ugh:

I hope you guys can make it. BTW I do have some "R-2800 and R-2000 time so we might be able to swap a few "war stories".

Rollingthunder
28th Jan 2004, 08:41
I shall try to make it, with some trepidation about not being a driver. That's Friday then is it?

Sorry about the weather.

Duke Elegant
28th Jan 2004, 10:00
:ok: :ok: :ok:

I got the nod from the missus. I'm in.

Sounds veeeery interesting .....
Seeya there Rollingthunder......

Canadian Airbus
30th Jan 2004, 07:44
I've booked us seats at "The Beaver" starting at 15:30.

Just ask for the PPrune group. They also took my name (Norm).

Hope to see a few people there. It looks like an interesting group.

604guy
30th Jan 2004, 20:10
Sounds like it will be an interesting time on the left coast. Enjoy!

Danny, if you are ever on the right coast..............

Danny
31st Jan 2004, 00:57
Looking forward this. Had a few PM's and calls from others who are going to come over so should be about 10 of us or so.

See you all later.

Phil Lister
1st Feb 2004, 02:09
I think it was a good time had by all. Thanks for the pin Danny, hope you had a great flight home.

It was kinda funny watching Duke and Chuck try to out do each other with the BS stories though!!!:p

It was good to meet those I hadn't met before and hope you all had as good a time as I did..
:ok: :ok:

Ridley
1st Feb 2004, 02:31
I hope everyone had as much fun as Kim and I did. It was nice to know we have that many PPRuNer's in Vancouver. (and 'no andy, we don't all hate Toronto!')

Danny has definitely won the bet. I didn't think we'd have enough PPRuNers on such short notice for a bash. It was nice to see about 15-20 PPRuNers show up with only 4 days notice. (It seems no matter where Danny goes in the world, there's always enough PPRuNers for a bash)

Next time, let's hope 'The Flying Beaver' works a little harder on getting the chicken wings right. Thanks to Nigel, I know how the Nachos are.

Looking forward to the next one...

Ridley/Marcus

Duke Elegant
1st Feb 2004, 03:23
I too had a wonderful time. I have the skull cramps to prove it.:ugh:

It is so nice to see folks from all professions in the aviation industry and l hope to see more of you at future bashes.

Seeya next time

Duke

Festusslowpoke
5th Feb 2004, 02:14
Agree, it was nice to see everyone. It was a blast.
Hope to do it again in the near future.

Stunty
11th Feb 2004, 09:10
Sorry that I missed it, Im in Abbotsford - oh so close but just wasn't checking my pprune enough. However, since it was such a success why not plan another one for the spring. If we can start setting some dates now we may be able to pack the Beaver out!!! Also, pencil in the Abbotsford Airshow in August as a possible Pprune get together.

Cheers
Stunty

deniset3000
14th Feb 2004, 00:06
I would love to have another PPrune YVR bash - maybe Markus could take it up and we could make it a monthly thing.

Duke Elegant
19th Feb 2004, 04:05
Hey Deniset3000 , how are you doin"?

We may just have to have a micro pprune bash soon, I can round up a few folks. Next time we should compile a list so we can all contact each other so we don't have to rely on wotzisname.

Seeya soon

Duke

wotzisname= Marcus

Ridley
20th Feb 2004, 08:17
Hey, we may just have the makings for another mini-maxi pprune bash coming up soon anyway. Even with wotzisname involved. <grin>

A little bird told me Capt. PPRuNe might be heading back to Vancouver soon. Any thoughts on a venue? Or is the flying beaver a good home for PPRuNe?

Marcus Errr... Wotzisname

Phil Lister
23rd Feb 2004, 16:14
The Beaver works for me... Let me know when...

Cheers

Festusslowpoke
24th Feb 2004, 04:28
Beaver works well for me again too...need some notice tho as I have to sched gettin into YVR.
Festus