PDA

View Full Version : Help needed from insiders..

M.85
26th Dec 2003, 23:28
Hi folks:p

I have posted an enquiry about jobs flying piston engine aircrafts in another forum..had a few replies..mostly on "airlines"..
Since you guys,flight instructors,are on the apron on day to day basis,i thought it would be interesting to see if you know of any local small company looking for jockeys without a horse to ride..

I shall thank you for letting me know if you hear of anything
:ok:

Safe flying,

M.85

M.85
30th Dec 2003, 19:08
Not very helpful the instructor society:rolleyes:

M.85

Whirlybird
31st Dec 2003, 01:24
M85,

As a helicopter instructor, I'm hardly an expert on this. However, it would seem to me that asking the most poorly paid professionals in aviation if they know of any other jobs is a somewhat pointless exercise. If I were a f/w instructor earning what most of them do, and I heard of another job, I wouldn't tell you...I'd go after it myself.

Divergent Phugoid!
13th Jan 2004, 02:29
M.85

Have a few schools around where I live, I pass most of them on a daily basis one way or another, I can ask for you if you like?
If you want to pm me I'll then let you know how the land lies.
Let me know where you live etc, B&B rates are fairly good around here if you cant find cheap rental stuff or are not with in travelling distance.

DP

jarjam
13th Jan 2004, 18:11
M.85

The problem is that any kind of MEP flying jobs in the u.k. are as rare as the proverbial rockin horse s**t.
Apart from insructing on SEP it is vitualy impossible to land yourself a flying job on something with more than one engine.
I'm sure you've tryed PPJN and checked out the list of charter operators on the site. Personaly i've tryed in vain for two years to try and progress from instructing on SEP to flying charter on MEP. Seems to me that people are hanging on to the few jobs that are going and as soon as they leave theres another guy straight in there before the seats even cold.
Bloody annoying as I would realy like to add to my multi hours but whats a boy to do?

Best of luck anyway:ok:

B2N2
17th Jan 2004, 06:56
M.85

Let me tell you a little story.......
Once upon a time a very good friend of mine and I made an agreement.
Rule 1:
If we ever came across a job you try yourself first and if succesfull then and only then you try to get the other guy in.
Rule 2:
If you do not get hired you pass on the info to your buddy and see if he gets lucky.
Rule 3:
In case of rule 2 refer back to second part of rule 1

Not to piss you off or anything but at our end of the stick the cards are played very close to the chest, I think it's safe to say you'll never get a job you haven't scavenged for yourself.
I made the mistake once of mentioning a job to an instructor,
as soon as I turned my back he got hired iso me. That cost me a YEAR!! I could only get in after he got fired........lol
The deal still holds up with that friend by the way.
He flies a C421 now.....guess who'll be up next :ok: :ok: :ok: :}

M.85
17th Jan 2004, 20:30
b2n2,
I understand what you say but i think the worse is people calling you everyday to get news and pretending to be your pal and as soon as THEY get a job,no calls,no news,,just like if they were dead..(one asshole is flying for EasyJ and the other European Air Charter)..the only thing i wish is that they lose their job and call me...Thatd be great phonecall to answer...
I believe friends are the only ones you grew up with ..or people who have nothing to do with aviation..
Its sad but true.

Long life to them,

M.85