PDA

View Full Version : ACASS Canada

tomcat21
24th Dec 2003, 02:47
Anyone know anything about them good or bad? They had a recent ad for a GEX. Anyone know anything? Thanks.

Willie Everlearn
30th Dec 2003, 06:41
From my experience, plus knowing the people who originally formed the company, about all I can say is be very, very careful with ACASS.

Long on promises but short on delivery.

Very smooth talkers.

Latte tester
2nd Jan 2004, 16:09
agree with Willie...be careful and get EVERYTHING in writing and don't forget to read the fine print
and if any ACASS guys read this...you brought this on yourselves...

Bingo Bango Bongo
5th Jan 2004, 20:56
I've spoken to a couple of guys who have worked for them;

negatives:

usually late with pay, sometimes months
they sign you to a very restrictive exculsivity contract, but do not provide guarantees or retainers of any kind
spotty work, never know if, when or where you'll be working
recurrent training is promised, but rarely delivered
alot of talk, not much walk

positives:

the secretaries are really good looking
the secretaries are really good looking
and, oh, the secretaries are really good looking

The way to go seems to be, if they offer you work, get cash up front for everything you do. The person in charge there is called Sharon, I think, she's the one to talk to if you want any straight answers.

gexpilot
31st Mar 2005, 08:11
This entity seems to have all the answers and promises..reality is that it is a hodge-podge. Ask then for a pilot... the answer is yes we have one on staff, then they go and search and advert. at places like climb to fl350.The kicker....they don't pay!!! Yes they charge 'going rate' but there margins are HUGH!! Not worth dealing with these people...if you need a pilot....search it yourself!!! Another minus...the 'warm body syndrom' they will send out virtual cripples and call them 'contract pilots'. Carefull!! they talk soooo smooth (as most liars do) and as of late with a self-serving condescending tone. Reallity? they have not a clue!!! and as of late they are trying the management scene...well it only gets worse. Hey if any of you acass staff read this...shure I'll back up EVERY word with countless facts from all the people you have burnt, my advice...don't even try...save your breath.!!

bzhpilot
31st Mar 2005, 13:05
That's true the secretaries are really hot :ok:

Safety Guy
3rd Apr 2005, 16:43
Do not, I say again, DO NOT get involved with those people, no matter how desperate you are for a job. I would rather spend the rest of my days flippin burgers or hauling trash rather than do business with ACASS. Hot secretaries (who are only there to bait you to come in the door) cannot make up for their double talk and lies.

canadairoperator
4th Apr 2005, 20:19
We used them 3 times and were very dissappointed. They sent us resumes of pilots who we approved, but they never showed up. Three times there was a last minute change. The smoothing talking girls or a very smooth talking Chief pilot. We always got people who never flew the aircraft for 9 months or were not even close to Captains. We asked for Challenger Captains and got guys who were flying 172's last month as flight instructors and with less than 50 hours of jet time. The ACASS storie is that they are typed rated so they are Captains. Explain that to my insurance company. We did some schedule changes and got Captains from within and made our trips. All 3 guys we used called us to try to get there expense money. ACASS never paid them.

If you call them looking for a pilot, most of the time they have nobody. They post your request on climbto350.com. You can do that yourself and get much better quality. Remember, Good Challenger pilots do not work for $300.00 a day.

I had 2 friends who did contract work for them and never got paid. It has been 6 months now. They are out about $15000 each. They make you put all their expenses on your personal card. It is very hard to sue them when you live outside of Quebec. Quebec law is very different from the rest of North Amercia. They hide under this loop hole. BEWARE!!!!!

If you guys remember AVMAX from Calgary, it is the same guys minus 1. You all know the Snowbird. He is the chief pilot.

For those of you looking for contract work there are many other ways to find work.

Also all the good looking girls do not work there anymore!!

I am the same as the rest, If you ACASS guys read this I can back these statements up with a long list of people you have burned. You should get serious and starting treating people better.

BEWARE!!!!!! OF ACASS!!!!!!!!

tomcat21
5th Apr 2005, 01:01
Hello everyone, I did a short contract for them in Asia back in 03. I always got paid on time and had my expenses paid on time as well. While I do agree that the impression is when you call them looking for pilots they post an ad on climbto350 I have never been burned by this company. The only thing I can say is I have been told many times about different contracts that I would slotted for and then they never happen. Acass even sent me thru recurrent for a contract in the ME and after school it fell thru. I dont think its their fault but just the circumstances. However after reading th posts on here I have to ask just what the hell is going on? I ask this because while I had nothing but good experiences with acass it seems so many people have not. Can someone please explain??

Inuksuk
17th Apr 2005, 21:30
Just to add fuel to the fire, have heard of many tatty experiences on the FBO side...

They have an atrocious reputation on most fronts, apart from the secretaries who are eye candy extraordinaire...

:8

globalman
7th May 2005, 20:35
The new ACASS scam is they are telling pilots that the CL600 Bermuda Validation is the same as the CL604 Bermuda Validation. They are managing a 604 in Nigeria and tried to get me to go over and fly it and I am not even 604 rated. I call Mrs Williams in Bermuda, who issues the Bermuda validations and she said it is totally illegal. They do not care for laws and if anything would happen, they will not back the pilot up. They are just out to make a fast buck. They are a bunch of fast talkers. Stay away and if you have worked for them do not put it on your resume.

pilot345345
10th May 2005, 19:20
This is my first time at this website. I registered when my employer telephoned and informed me of the message you put up on the forum regarding ACASS and Bermudian Validation for the Challenger 604. The facts are not straight and as a result of your posing as me, my job is now in jeopordy. Acass has been very good to me, and I have no reason to put such a stupid message up on this forum -also, I like being employed. Please refrain from posing as me in the future as this has caused problems.