PDA

View Full Version : Charts For a Diversion!

REvans
23rd Dec 2003, 07:28
A quick Q,

Should you need to divert to another airport due to aircraft emergency for example, do you carry the charts for all airports suitable for your aircraft type around the area where you will be flying OR do you just carry the charts for the airports that are planned to be used? If the latter is the case and you do have to land at an unscheduled destination I presume the approach is flown by vectors from ATC, correct?

I suppose this mainly applies to airlines operating under IFR.

Thanks,
RE :)

VP8
23rd Dec 2003, 15:21
In the An124's being cargo haulers they have full worldwide coverage in the Jeppersons carried...

Veeps:ok:

You splitter
24th Dec 2003, 00:21
Eeven the 146, which has limited storage space in the Flight Deck, we still insist on cramming as many Jeppesen books in as possible. Our area of Operation is confined to Europe. Each crew memebr will have a trip kit containing departure, destination and alternate plates for our standard routes. However there is a full set of European Jeppesens in the ships library should they be required.

The sooner the CAA approve electronic flight bags and the Chairman gives me lots of cash to buy them the better!!!! My back cant take carrying around those heavy sets!!:}

REvans
24th Dec 2003, 00:49
Thanks for the replies. Didn't realise you take a full set of charts with you, I would imagine that they do take up alot of space. I see the latest 777's are supporting this electronic flight bag system, seems like a good idea.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
RE

604guy
24th Dec 2003, 07:17
A full set of North American charts are onboard our a/c but you can cut down the amount to runways that are useable to you i.e rwy length etc.