PDA

View Full Version : 737-300 type rating in canada

kava_crew
18th Dec 2003, 13:30
I was wondering if someone can give the a list of places in canada where one can do a 737 type rating and the rough cost involved. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rosbif
19th Dec 2003, 23:39
As far as I know, nobody operates -300 in Canada. Europe is full of them. If you want to buy a type rating, talk to easyjet

'erindoors
21st Dec 2003, 00:40
what about gaining a canadian airbus rating?

Anyone have any info on these.

Latte tester
11th Jan 2004, 17:58
Try Premair in Seattle, www.premair.com they have some very good prices on a 737NG course and at present, airfare to Seattle is pretty cheap - even on Air Canada...

Rosbif
12th Jan 2004, 21:35
How does it work with the new regs in the States. I thought that if you didn't have a current airline ID, authorisation from your present company (which presumably you don't have or you wouldn't be considering buying a type rating), and a letter from your granny saying that you have never played with matches, you can't get into the sim buildings.

Latte tester
20th Jan 2004, 16:15
From what I understand, if you have a valid licence and type over 12,500lbs, then you have to fill in the necessary DOJ form(s) and submit at least one month prior to course dates. I could be wrong about the min weight of aircraft, but the best thing to do is call the prospective school and confirm.
;)