PDA

View Full Version : Take Off Analyses charts for DC9-51

Green Guard
16th Dec 2003, 09:55
If anybody could help me to find out where and how I could
LEGALLY obtain, (after paying for the same)
the Take Off Analasys charts for (later on)
selected airports

Best Regards
G. G.

OverRun
16th Dec 2003, 10:40
It's chapter 3 on the Boeing DC-9 tech manual website

http://www1.boeing.com/assocproducts/aircompat/dc9.htm

Added later: warning - this manual isn't suitable for operational purposes

mutt
16th Dec 2003, 10:48
This information is usually airline specific and we dont hand it out for legal reasons. We have absolutely no desire to end up in court after someone else has used our information...... Sorry.

Overrun you link points to the airport planning document, thats not the same as an airport analysis as it isnt airport specific.

Mutt.

OverRun
19th Dec 2003, 11:51
Sorry Mutt - good point. The airport planning document is quite unsuited to planning or running an actual operational flight.

Its value is at the 'what-if' stage to accept or reject the obvious. Once that is sorted out then one spends the money for a performance engineer to do the specific airport performance analyses. I must say that we do it that way for airport planning and design purposes as well. Since the runway and associated works cost anything from $US5,000 to $US50,000 per linear metre, a performance engineer is money well spent.

john_tullamarine
19th Dec 2003, 14:13
... did someone say performance engineer ? ... may I offer the Mutt and John show ... we are noted for our fine tapdance routines ......

Following on from OverRun's comment on runway cost, it is not at all uncommon for a major airline user of a smaller airport to be involved in planning workup based on specific runway analyses. I recall one Australian airport where a proposal to extend a runway was canned on the based of performance calculations showing an inadequate return to the airline which, in turn, then didn't want to have to pay more in charges for a white elephant.

The planning data has a lot of practical limitations but does provide good ROM data for preliminary airport planning purposes.

mutt
20th Dec 2003, 10:40
Green Guard, in reply to your edited message, try contacting Jeppesen.

Mutt.

john_tullamarine
20th Dec 2003, 11:09
... or, if you have the AFM .. then you have the basic data to do the calcs yourself ..