PDA

View Full Version : Question on IR Application Form...

Megaton
15th Dec 2003, 17:32
Can anyone shed some light on this for me:

I'm in the process of completing the flying experience part of the IR application form. Most of it appears straightforward but, being intellectually challenged, I'm confused by Section 6.D instrument Flying. The right hand column asks for hrs claimed on the course which is fair enough. The left hand column asks for total hrs but doesn't give any space for insrument flying other than with an instructor. I have IF time from my FAA IR so my total IF time is more than the sum of instructional time. Also, since the IRT itself was conducted under (simulated) IMC there's no opportunity to claim those hours either.

It's almost certainly a dull question but I'd be grateful if anyone can help; thank you.

StrateandLevel
16th Dec 2003, 04:36
"I'm confused by Section 6.D instrument Flying."

Try 5D on SRG1161

"The left hand column asks for total hrs but doesn't give any space for insrument flying other than with an instructor."

"I have IF time from my FAA IR so my total IF time is more than the sum of instructional time."

Its not relevant to getting a JAA IR

"Also, since the IRT itself was conducted under (simulated) IMC there's no opportunity to claim those hours either."

As you have to meet the hours requirement before you take the test, thats not relevant either.