PDA

View Full Version : Logbook entries and transfer ???

masit
14th Dec 2003, 17:27
Just happend to me and i would appreciate you guys sharing your opinions.

My license issuing authority is a non JAA member country, but within Europe. I am now setup for employment within a JAA member country and therefore had to fulfill certain requirements. One of them was the immediate change of my logbook (my old one was not JAA conform), with no excuse or delay. I asked if i could wait for next year and the future authority told me "NO" and that i have to transfer my entries from 2003 (not many actually) into the new log and get an official stamp by a notary. Exact same time, i had to send my logbook for license renewal to my "old" authority. I feel like a bloody idiot, because i had to send a brandnew logbook ( i wanted to send the new one since they make copies of it every year, so they now about the new one).
Since i'm quite correct with such things, i can't get the feeling off me that my old authority may think that i present them some "makeup logbook"... I know that i shouldn't be concerned since every entry is absolutely verifiable and has also been checked for correctness and stamped by a notary. But i still feel that this looks so freaking odd to some people.

I believe that my action is legal when i transfer entries from my old logbook into a new one and get them signed, checked and stamped by an official, even if the original signatures are missing !?!

Cheers, masit :)