PDA

View Full Version : Q300 -> Q400 : Changes

pgehrtz
14th Dec 2003, 04:24
Hello Q400 Pilots,
Just wondering what really has changed.
What is up with the GPWS Landing Flap ?
And whats that button right to the PTU Cntrl ?
Is a Q400 FADEC now standard equipment ?
Are sun visors standard equipment ?
Why the Engine Intake Bypass Door Controllers were moved to the Anti-Ice Overhead panel section ?
Are the V-Speeds now shown in digital monitors ?
Were the AHRS and EFIS merged ?
Is the Q400 now fly-by-wire ?
Were the Electrical Advisory panels have gone ? Digitalized ?
What the Engine and Propellor Cntrl panels are for ?

If you just could answer one or more question I would be really grateful...thanks.

pgehrtz :)

dv8
15th Dec 2003, 19:16
What is up with the GPWS Landing Flap ?
Moved from Capt side to centre panel and now a rotary switch for flaps 10 15 & 35

And whats that button right to the PTU Cntrl ?
Since the system 2 hydraulics cant be powered by a standby pump the PTU cont switch takes it place

Is a Q400 FADEC now standard equipment?
Yes

Are sun visors standard equipment?
As far as know cant imagine flying an a/c without on I have never been a sun glasses type

Why the Engine Intake Bypass Door Controllers were moved to the Anti-Ice Overhead panel section?
To keep all the anti ice items together

Are the V-Speeds now shown in digital monitors ?
Yes under the speed tape or round dial depending on which symbology you have fitted

Were the AHRS and EFIS merged ?
No the AHRS controller is above the FMS and the EFIS is now part of the ESID Engine and system integrated displays

Is the Q400 now fly-by-wire ?
No but unlike flight controls the Q300 the elevator is hydraulically powered

Were the Electrical Advisory panels have gone ? Digitalized ?
Not gone they are on the electric's page of the above mentioned ESID and will appear if so selected on the MFD or ED

What the Engine and Propellor Cntrl panels are for ?
The first one is to set the reduced torque setting and the prop cont panel just groups together the alternate feather and auto feather select buttons

Hope that helps but best to double check since I have only just done the Q2/300 to Q400 differences

pgehrtz
15th Dec 2003, 19:33
Thanks for your time answering ALL of my questions...clears up many things in my thoughts indeed

Also thanks to the moderator for editing my post above
pgehrtz