PDA

View Full Version : CAA response time to e-mails

zzzz
1st Dec 2003, 19:17
How long do the CAA take to respond to e-mails?

This is probably a 'how long is a piece of string question!'.

In the past when I have mailed them, and after having received the automatic response, they have come back to me quite quickly with a human response.

This time I am still waiting and waiting for a human to reply.

Any probs at Gatwick at the moment?

yachtpilot
1st Dec 2003, 19:31
Waiting for a human to reply ? from the CAA ? Have they started to employ them under the equal opportunities laws ?

Genghis the Engineer
1st Dec 2003, 19:31
Depends upon the question, and of whom you ask it.

My personal record is 15 months for a technical inquiry, I think 4-7 weeks is about normal for a letter or Email to personnel licensing, same day (or no more than 3 days) usually for routine technical discussion with working-level staff, generally about a fortnight after I've sent a relevant broadside to a department head after something has gone wrong.

G

Spitoon
2nd Dec 2003, 02:13
As Genghis says, it depends who it goes to - who are you trying to contact?

GARDENER
2nd Dec 2003, 02:25
I echo what others say, depends on department. From my own experience......In December 1999 I sent an email to medical, I am still waiting for a reply! Luckily it was not life threatening.
I sh#t you not!

Hansard
2nd Dec 2003, 15:52
It's a painful process. I sent the e-mail to Flight Crew Licensing, waited two months, sent the reminder, waited another few weeks, received an e-mail saying "for the answer to your query, refer to the relevant document". In my original e-mail I had told them that I had read the relevant document but that it didn't answer my specific query.

I gave up!! The CAA's treatment of its customers is a disgrace.

Julian
2nd Dec 2003, 17:28
I must not be one of the norm (but then my mother has told me that for years!:D )

Had to recently get an exemption added to my licence, emailed FCL giving details and 30 mins later got an email back saying it had been done and would be in the post that day - and it was!!!

No doubt I will get an extra long wait next time..... :}

Daysleeper
3rd Dec 2003, 15:59
Still its cheaper than hanging on the telephone all morning for FCL.
:hmm: